This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oasis offer Refund to fans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oasis offer Refund to fans
    Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 4:30pm
This made me chuckle a bit.

Earlier this week, Liam Gallagher spoke cockily about the return of Oasis to the UK stage. Talking up their hat-trick of homecoming concerts at Manchester's Heaton Park, he told reporters: "In total seriousness, I reckon these gigs have the potential to be even better than the Knebworth shows", referring to the band's historic run of massive dates at the band and Britpop's peak in 1996. Looks like he couldn't have been more wrong, after the disastrous first night saw the group offering all 70,000 fans a full refund.

So where did it all go wrong? A power cut has been blamed on the technical problems that saw the band storm off-stage after just one song, to the sound of boos. They returned shortly after and kicked into "Lyla", only for the sound to fail again, with smoke apparently wafting from faulty generator equipment. There was a further delay of 40 mins before they reappeared, with Liam telling fans: "This is a free gig now. Everyone will get a refund", while brother Noel added: "The curfew's 11, but we'll play 'til they kick us off. Keep your ticket and you'll get your money back."

Oasis were as good as their word, playing a full, 24-song set and encoring with their traditional set closer of The Beatles' "I Am The Walrus" before leaving the stage at 11.20pm. However, it seems they may already be regretting the massive payback, a move which could cost them £3 million. Towards the end of last night's gig, Noel seemed to be backtracking, telling fans: "Kind of regret offering you your money back now. Apply for it back if you wanna be a Censored, we'll do our best for you." Sounds like fans will definitely get a refund. Definitely maybe...
In Kontrol View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote In Kontrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 1:09pm
I think both of them are absolute idiots and shouldn't be alive. Angry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic