This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aerosoft DI Cheyenne Descent into Darkness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA1935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aerosoft DI Cheyenne Descent into Darkness
    Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 11:45am
I don't use the Aerosoft Cheyenne much, simply because I hate the way FS handles turbo props, they are so hard to get a constant descent with because of the "all or nothing" feeling in which they are modeled .  It's too bad too because the Cheyenne has one of the best night pits to work in I have ever seen.  I thought you might enjoy these...

Above the clouds and beginning my descent down, the sun sinking along with my altimeter.

Looking from the side you can see the layers of clouds I am coming down through on my way to another important destination that needed some Courier Documents delivered.

This was sort of a neat angle that captured the feeling of pushing through the cloud decks on the way down...

And a couple from the pit looking at the port engine and out into the distance.

The shots at arrival were just too dark to really see much but the documents got delivered and another mission complete.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 3:29pm
I love the cockpit shots, but they are too big!
Hendrix View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 4:57pm
Sorry Tom for this but,,   I love the big pictures!! and the quality!  Yea you are right, the nightlighting in the cockpit is awesome!

Like the last one particularly, looks real!
FSX with Active sky?  what fps are you getting in these conditions``??

PS:  Tom, You know you can rightclick the pictures and open them in another window? If you use FireFox, but it should work in IE too. DS
CargoScan CEO

Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 5:57pm
Some nice shots, as tom said they are way too big

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Thaellar View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaellar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 6:48pm
Very nice. Lighting really creates a suspenseful mood. Nice job!!!
WWA1935 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA1935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 8:16pm

Yep got a little carried away on the size, I'll cut them down a bit I wanted them to be a little larger than the Stratocruiser pics I posted to show detail but not this big.  I'll try to split the middle.

I use a combination of add ons ASA for weather, FEX for clouds and sky, X-Graphics for runway, taxiway, some lighting, and sometimes moon and sun. I also use FTX/Orbx for AU land class and airports.  Flying in USA I use GEX, and UTX.

I'm not a die hard gearhead or system builder but I have mine pretty well tweaked. A Q9650 OC'd at 3.8ghz Velociraptor HD, Old School 8800GTX OC'd and 4 Gigs of DDR3 on Vista 64.  I have several .cfg's saved depending on what and where I am flying. I try to maintain 25FPS (or there abouts) and had no problem holding pretty steady around that mark for these shots.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic