This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A storm is coming...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A storm is coming...
    Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 6:59pm
Ooo a shiney new forum.
 After seeing Joe's excellent first forum post i thought i'd post my first here also. Its also a first for me as i have never done a composite before. I was not sure how it would be recieved but a few people elsewhere have said they like it so now i'll see what you think.

Thanks for looking, feedback most welcome...

steve
aldeje92 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldeje92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 7:58pm
ShockingClapClapClapClapThumbs%20Up

EI-CFZ
AirbusLad View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirbusLad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 8:19pm

Amazing looking stuff mate, WOW! How long did it take you?

ross1562 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 8:27pm
Unbelievable, you could sell that to the RAF as a promo poster easily!!!!

I take it this is your entry in Mutleys comp? Easily the winner.

Simply stunning. You have an immense talent Steve.
Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.
DellE520, 8600GT, nHancer, 3GB Ram, Intell Duo Core

jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 8:50pm
stunning!SmileClapClap
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by ross1562 ross1562 wrote:

Unbelievable, you could sell that to the RAF as a promo poster easily!!!!

I take it this is your entry in Mutleys comp? Easily the winner.

Simply stunning. You have an immense talent Steve.

Steve is not entering the contest as the prize is too small for him (Sorry Steve) so there is hope for us yet!

This is one of reef's most inspired creations in my view and I was honoured to have it on Mutley's to help us celebrate the RAF 90 anniversary.

If you think this is good you should see Steve's latest post in the Around The World Challenge leg 108 it will totally blow you away.  reef calls it "ATLoFT", Around The Land of Finland Tour Star

Click on map to see full post

Cheers

daveygurm10 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveygurm10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 9:29pm
That is simply stunning. That is professional quality that can make money !!!!!
mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 10:21pm
 WOW  FAB  GREAT  Just  FANTASTIC  sorry about the shouting   How did you do that ?  I want one of those as a Poster Please !!!!

Regards mike H
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
Spawntscuk View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawntscuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 10:35pm
Wow that pic is JAW DROPPING.  Absolutely amazing pic there.  Clap
Aion Online Main Roguesquadron Alts Grace & Gijoe
paper-zout View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper-zout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 1:00am
Wow, its amazing.
Where did you come up with the idea for this outstanding shot?
Clap
reef View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 6:34am
Heh so many questions. First of thanks for the kind comments, appreciate them all. In answer to a couple of questions..

Time...maybe a couple of hours at most, cutting out the hurricanes from the FS9 screenshots is quite time consuming.

The Idea...Simply loved the pilot looking to the clouds, makes you wonder what hes thinking. I thought it would make a nice background, the rest just dropped into place.

How i did it...take some FS shots, find a nice stormy picture, find the real pictures. Then simply a case of editing each picture for example, the pilot climbing in was origionally black and white, adding shadows etc. Make each element of the shot a layer and move them around in PS till happy with the layout. Then just tidy it up, blending edges to fit etc and thats about it.

Thanks again guys, happy you enjoyed this one.

steve
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 8:31am
That picture looks so relisticClap
CyprusAirwaysA330 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyprusAirwaysA330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 3:50pm
Amazing, that looks like it was done by a professional graphics designer.
hurricanemk1c View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricanemk1c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2008 at 10:37am
Clap

Well done Steve!

Kieran

reef View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 8:06pm
Thanks alot guys appreciate your kind words. Not sure about the prof GFX Designer bit though hehe.

Don't forget guys theres an RAF inspired Screenshot contest underway over on Mutleys where you can win a genuine RAF tee-shirt. No need to be clued up with editing either as i know Joe selects a winner from creativity and inspiration as much as fancy graphics so no exscuses!. take a look here..... http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/viewforum.php?f=25

Cheers...

steve
Ruddy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 9:26am
Excellent artwork there! I'll have to sign up for the Mutley Hanger site and have a nose around
Jeremy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 11:43am
OH MY GOD!
THAT IS OF PROFESSIONAL QUALITY STEVE!!!!!

rob16584 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob16584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 5:45pm
Stunning. You should try and sell those. 'Try' might not be the best word to use as they will sell easily!
http://www.pacificairways.net

Need your accounts completing? rsbookkeeper@googlemail.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic