This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feeder Line

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feeder Line
    Posted: 16 May 2009 at 5:13am
First off let me say that the developers of this software should be inducted into a "Software Hall of Fame".

Now my question... is it possible, or might it in the future be possible for AI piloted smaller a/c to feed cargo into a hub to be delivered by a larger a/c (flown by me) to the combined destination? Of course all within the prescribed delivery time.

Thanks for the program.
5iron

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 5:32am

Quote is it possible, or might it in the future be possible for AI piloted smaller a/c to feed cargo into a hub to be delivered by a larger a/c (flown by me) to the combined destination? Of course all within the prescribed delivery time.

Now:

Sort of...  There is a capability for transferring freight directly from one AC to another but as it stands currently, both must be at the same airport simultaneously for this to happen.  There's no capability to off-load it at an intermediate point and leave it for later pickup by another of your AC.  AH currently interprets that as a delivery to an incorrect destination.

In the Future: 

It's been discussed.  It's easy to see how a cargo could be dropped off and held at an intermediate destination for later pickup and I'd say it's getting positive consideration.  Duncan will decide if and when it actually happens, however, and he hasn't committed to it yet.

John

John Allard
jaugust4 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaugust4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by 5iron 5iron wrote:

Now my question... is it possible, or might it in the future be possible for AI piloted smaller a/c to feed cargo into a hub to be delivered by a larger a/c (flown by me) to the combined destination? Of course all within the prescribed delivery time.

I like this idea, as well. Another thing I would like to see is the ability to select the types of cargo one carries from a list when a company is first started, say, a list of ten. This way, one can haul cargo types which make sense for the area you're hauling in.  If you expand, either by adding bases or utilizing longer range aircraft you can expand your cargo types as well.
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 12:11am
jaugust, I don't know if that idea are working now, don't know really, but one thing I can tell, I flying many times on Orient, mainly at china, japan and south islands, amd i'm tired of SNAKES!!! many of my flights, have snakes aboard!.
5iron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5iron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2009 at 1:49am
Thanks for the responses.  Keep up the good work
5iron
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic