This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic and FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic and FSX
    Posted: 06 May 2008 at 8:09am
Hi, I am using Traffic with FSX. Yes, I've installed all the updates and upgrades, but there I have a couple of issues with the cfg files.

1. For FSX the ACTUAL wingspan is very important. The models, with the FSX upgrade, have VERY unrealistic wingspans. The reason for needing the actual wingspan (in feet0 is that FSX uses this figure to calculate what type of gate a plane can use. (It divides it by 2, converts to meters, and rounds up, and that is what is used to determine the parking radius. I've just gone through the exercise of converting all the JF config files to the actual wingspan, and my airport parking is MUCH more realistic now.
  2. FSX uses the EXITS section of the config file, now, and it isn't good enough just to give the door opening speed, which is what is currently in the files. It needs a section which reads something like:
[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.4,  40.50, -6.0, 7.0, 0  //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -13.00, 5.25, -1.5, 1  //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.2 = 0.4,  29.90, 6.0,  1.0, 2  //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Without this section in each config file, FSX doesn't activate all that gorgeous apron traffic, and the automatically deploying jetways don't deploy. Now, there are several lists of airplane EXITS sections out there, but not knowing the genealogy of the JF models, I cannot work out whether any of the existing lists make any sense or not (whether they do or not depends upon the positioning of the regerence datum point on the model, and i don't know any way of determining that for myself.

Thanking you in anticipation.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic