This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Rides for Lessons?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Rides for Lessons?
    Posted: 03 May 2009 at 5:56pm
Hi All

Brand new to "FSX" and I just ordered "Flight Club X" and am drumming my fingers on the desktop in anticipation of its arrival at some point next week. I've read a couple of reviews along with a number of the posts here and a couple of questions spring to mind.

I've seen mention a couple of times about an option during installation, to substitute Flying Club X's aircraft, for those used by "FSX" by default in it's lessons.  I very much like the idea of this, but then I've read elsewhere that it's the "Missions" which can have the aircraft switched over rather than the "lessons".  So I wondered if anyone could clarify this for me?

Also I've read a review which made mention of some scenery for an airport being added in as part of the installation. But now I've also read that the scenery in question was part of the installation for the original "Flying Club" and is not included with this one?  It'd be nice to see the scenery, but it's by no means a deal breaker.  It'd be nice to know one way or the other though.

Many thanks for any input.

Badger

Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 11:04pm
The bit on the missions in FSX, is referring to a tick box you will find in the FSX mission selection page that says: 'enable changes in mission (no rewards given)'.

What that means is that if you tick that box, you won't get the shiny badge on on your pilot logbook in FSX when completing the mission, but you can still do the mission and you can then change any parameter when the mission is running, and that includes changing the aircraft and the weather, time of day etc (so you could fire up any mission in FSX and then pick any aircraft you wanted instead of the default one the mission starts with, including your Flying Club aircraft of course).

Without ticking that box, you have to keep everything as it was upon load up of the mission, but when doing that, you will get the mission badge if you succeed in completing it.

Re the scenery: I have 'Flying Club X' (i.e. the later version that works in FSX and FS9), and that does not have the Flying Club airport scenery of the title which the original had (which I think was FS9 scenery so would not work properly in FSX), but of course Flying Club X does have all the same aircraft from that flying club upon which it was modeled, i.e. the planes are models of real actual ones to be found at that flying club.

So not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination, because if you want scenery for an airfield, just go to somewhere like Avsim.com and download some free stuff from their file library, including some of my own masterpieces if you like Wink

Al
Badger View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:25am
Thanks Al Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic