This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:51pm
Shop around; they're all out to make as much money as possible. I could get a very cheap quote with one insurer, but you go with the same car and you'll get a different quote.

Don't forget that things like how many miles/year you'll be doing, where you park your car (on the road, in a garage, at home, etc..) and what your postcode is, will have a massive impact on the insurance quote.

If I get a quote for the address where my sister lives, the insurance rockets another £300 simply because of that!!! It's a total and utter con.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 3:59pm
I got myself a new car at the weekend and had to do a little searching around to get a decent quote. My old Rover 214 was £219 to insure fully comp but I was quoted £780 for the equivalent policy for my new car (Zsara VTS 2.0lt). Confused found one for £540 but Direct Line have come up trumps with £440. Not too bad considering the my new car is far more powerful and more expensive. Not going to bother looking around any more as the  Direct Line quote is based on extra discounts for my partner having a policy with them.

Interestingly, a third party quote is £20 more expensive. Pretty bizzar. My partner said the same thing a few weeks ago when renewing hers and I assumed she had made a mistake somewhere as it sounded so ludicrous.
Don't understand the logic behind that. Surely they are more likely to end up paying out on a fully comp policy? Definitely worth running the numbers on the fully comp quote the next time you are looking around

My new car V V V V V Thumbs%20Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic