This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

757 Tutorial UPDATED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:55pm

They are not that blurry on my PC, I'm not sure if I have them on my photobucket account anymore, but I'll see what I can do. 

SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 4:57pm
Like I said, not a major issue and only applied to the overhead panels at the beginning.
Aircraft Aviation View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aircraft Aviation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 5:53pm
BTW - When Tom says use the "decend now" option, that is usually the best as the CDU/FMC usually makes a not-entirely-accruate prediction of the decent.

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:47pm
The "descend now" which I use about 10nm from the T/D point (not to do with this tutorial) normally sends the aircraft into a 1000 fpm descend and one of the functions of it is to make the descent much smother, eg. no need for the speed brakes. 

As soon as the profile is recaptured, VNAV should become accurate.
Speedbird-001 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 6:56pm
Looks like an excellent document Tom and, when I have an hour spare, I will try it out and let you know how I get on. Smile Although, I can't read the red numbers. Ermm

Just need to get my 757 working and then I can have a go with your plan. Thumbs%20Up

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 7:20pm
Thanks, if you need any help with it just ask. 

I hope you get the problem sorted out soon.
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 7:23pm
Will do. Wink

Do you know what the problem could be?
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 7:33pm
Speedbird-001 have you tried changing a few things with the animation panel? (I believe it's shift+2 or something similar). Perhaps try taking the chocks off and see if that triggers it to fix itself!
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedbird-001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 7:47pm
SkyFly,
I have tried to remove the chocks, but the panels aren't showing either in the cockpit. It s a bit of a problem. Disapprove I was rather hoping someone had experienced the same situation, and had an answer, or someone knew the solution.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic