This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GTA 4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 6:45pm
Hi im on PS3. I have just passed the Number 1 race mission. My missus wants to enter the cheats for wanted level but it disables your game achivements so dont think I will bother. Yeah im not too keen on the online side of it, although I have only played one death match game and not tried any of the other modes yet im too busy with the missions.

Laters.
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 7:53pm
Is it just me or is the music in GTA4 really rubbish. I was surprised to hear Kanye West with Flashing Lights in there... but the rest is pants. Any thoughts on this? Maybe there is more music on the other islands..
KaptainPhee View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaptainPhee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 8:03pm
I was hoping to be able to take a USB and upload them onto a radio station of your own. I remember being able to do it on the PC with Vice City but not sure how to or if you can on GTA4! Awesome game tho  Smile
[url]http://online.vatsimindicators.net/981479/462.png[url/]
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 9:51am
You would think that this would be possible given that the game is next gen. That would be so cool to be able to do that. Just one radio station with say 20 slots for songs. Great game.
Milehigh View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 11:36am
I know what you mean about the music. There are a few tracks I like but that is it. I only remember Vice City having some good tunes on it. San Andreas was a little less so. I dont know about you guys but my LvL D767 is still grounded .. Grounded in Hawaii. I haven't tried any cheats. I think it just ruins the game.

I think I am gonna have to calm down on the video games, I have spent to many hours on them. Had my eyes lasered a few years ago. I can't afford for them to degrade again. Can only have it done once. Games like Call of Duty and GTA4 can really knacker them.

mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 5:28pm
Ok you rest your eyes.. I will play doubly hard for you ! Smile
Milehigh View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 6:17pm
Haha ok pal.
Mrbobo View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 3:34pm
Ive got the game and used cheats!

Health and Wanted level as the 3rd island missions are impossible!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 3:36pm
Did anyone else have any problems getting GTA4 online last night?
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 4:07pm
Mrbobo doesnt the cheats affect the game ?

I had no problems RAS. Was very funny last night. I was playing as the cops and was driving the cop car with 3 others inside. The car was shot up and burst into flames so I put my foot down and was going really fast then bailed out just in time to see the other 3 players blow up with the car Thumbs%20Up haha evil ! I left the game quickly after that.
Lukemeister View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukemeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 9:56pm
mavestar, how did you do the Number 1 mission? it's impossible!
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:25pm
Alright Luke, im very good with the brake and hand brake going round corners. You need just the right amount of brake and then a touch of hand brake to drift round the corners and stay away from the other racers as they will try to send you flying. I managed it on the 2nd go so good luck.

Craig.
Lukemeister View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lukemeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2008 at 10:42pm
cheers craig,

i have had several attempts, but the thing that puts me off re-doing it it is you have to go through the charade of finding the car all over again!
SamR View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer
Chargin' ma lazers!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 4:41pm
I was storming on through lastnight, really entertaining but I share your gripes about such things as the vehicle steering, I also found the cover system to be niggly in most situations and the auto-aim which seemed to always point at the man far away reading the newspaper as opposed to the guy 5 ft away shooting me in the face.

Also the game began to wreck havoc on the 360 and after a period of time began freezing up every few seconds until it began freezing literally for 30second periods. In the end I gave up playing and blamed my 360 over-heating.

Besides from that this game is pure awesome.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 4:51pm
I've found that steering the cars from the internal view works far better and actually allows you to go full pelt with at least a small chance of not smashing it into the first corner you come to. Also looks superb graphically.

The auto aim certainly is very very fiddly.

Apparently the Black Keys have a track featured on one of the radio stations. Still listening out for it...
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:57pm
I too find the cover very very glitchy. Sometimes when im covered behind a wall and goto fire, nothing happens... Im ok with the driving, i find it a great improvment. I get what you say about the auto aim as well, very weird. My system freezed on the load screen, looking through some forums it is happening alot. The best thing to do in this case is copy the last save file to USB drive and then erase the save file and then copy it back. It may not be your 360 / PS3 its a GTA4 problem.

aniceguy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:50am
http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/inn/news_rockstar_lecture.htm

Ian Bowden came around our showcase day as well. Interesting guy. They were looking for employers (shame I didn't do games design). Never mind.
Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic