This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Opening a new base

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshotick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opening a new base
    Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 12:51am
Before i do this, im just wondering how it would work.  I started the easy company with the Lear and all, and immediately sold the 1 Lear and bought a Caravan and Baron (why limit yourself to 1 plane when you can have 2, right? haha), and started my first base at Champaign, IL.  Now i would like to open a second base on the west coast and fly my Caravan out there leaving the Baron to do work in the midwest.  When i do that, will i still get Caravan contracts in Champaign and Baron contracts on the west coast?  I will eventually be buying jets and such that could make the hope, but once these planes are positioned, i would like to leave them there until i sell them.

Thanks,
Sam
Robbyroy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbyroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 1:00am
  I'm only 3 days into this myself but You'll only be able to fly the 2 a/c's yourself. You cannot hire pilots untill your rep is 55 and take my word for it. That is not that easy to do as you will see. By the way I started my base in central Ohio.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 1:11am
On easy mode you can hire AI pilots straight away :)

Jobs for aircraft at a base are generated if the aircraft is within range of the base. But remember - these are suggested aircraft - there's nothing to prevent you flying jobs with any of your aircraft - it might just be that you need to make one or more trips with a lower capacity aircraft. i.e. you don't *have* to fly a job which has a suggested AC of a Caravan, with a Caravan - as long as you move the cargo, AirHauler will be happy!

(one of the testers even made deliveries (badly) with the JustFlight Follow Me vehicle from TrafficX!)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2009 at 3:39am
Quote ...one of the testers even made deliveries (badly) with the JustFlight Follow Me vehicle from TrafficX!

That would be me...

It actually worked quite well.  I had to import the Follow Me van as an AC into AH, but FS treats it as an AC anyway.  I put in 60 knots for a cruise speed and 150 NM for a range.  After a while AH dutifully generated jobs for it and it was as practical as any other AI ride.  I only assigned it to AI jobs - didn't try to "fly" it myself.

John Allard
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic