This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just a small problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a small problem
    Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 8:01am
I am trying to use the share buying function and i keep on getting an exception error and it cannot retrieve the details of my stock, i bought into gazprom and rosneft thats when my problems started, i already had stock in arriva which is ok. i cant seem to updte the prices. Also under porfolio history and market data i get the following msg. data not available please call ultra chart data bind after setting invalid.

Also i dont know whether this is connected i cannot get updated weather for my airports any help would be much appreciated.

thanks
richard
rob16584 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob16584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:02am
Could it be something to do with the stock markets being closed at the moment?
http://www.pacificairways.net

Need your accounts completing? rsbookkeeper@googlemail.com
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 10:23am
The prices won't update until the markets open - they're not open over the weekend. The first ones which are are the DAX and FTSE on Monday around 8am.

Don't worry about the "data not available" message, it'll vanish once your portfolio price updates - it just has nothing to graph at the moment (although it should display a more friendly error message - I'll sort that for SP1).

Are you connected to the net? And do you have a firewall running? If so, you might have to tell it to allow AirHauler to access the net.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
scampy View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 11:48am
ok i never thought about the markets being closed, but i get an actual windows exception error msg . Also my weather doesnt update for each flight ill check the old firewall to see if its stopping the weather update.
overall i think this is an amazing program ive got ai flying for me various flights but im just wondering whether ive spent to much and im looking at being bankrupt before the next month
scampy View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 11:49am
As i mentioned regarding the stock it wouldnt find any prices for what i bought, it came as nill maybe i should have left them and made some money when the prices come online, but i sold the stock and it seemed to stop the error
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 12:11pm
Which stock was it and I'll look into it for you :) Gazprom?
AirHauler Developer
scampy View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 12:46pm
yes gazprom they supply a lot of the fuel for russian airlines, rosneft are just an oil company. i had 5000 shares in each valued at £0. i can rebuy and wait on  a price see what happens. They were for long term i see the price of oil slowly rising i bought haliburton too for a laugh. im just going to look into some financial companys to see which are making money they will bounce back i think but not fast.

whats the chances of including the russian stock market for the future ?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 12:50pm
Ahhh - ok - that stock isn't available on the LSE any more which is why its at 0.00

There's a bug with that which I'll fix in SP1 - don't buy any stocks for 0.00 ;)
AirHauler Developer
scampy View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:13pm
sorted :) thanks for that as i said this is a really cool program i had cargo pilot for a year at least but was starting to get a little bored of it. Are you working on a sunday my god dedication?
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2009 at 1:47pm
Can't leave the forums unmanned on the first weekend of release can I ;)
AirHauler Developer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic