This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Made the Haul....didn't get the money.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Made the Haul....didn't get the money.
    Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:53am
I took a short hop from TISX to TFFG, for a fee of about $32,000....not bad for 103nm/22minutes....Wink 

However, when I landed AH apparently didn't recognize it (maybe it was just tooooo smooth  .) and so now I have AH waiting for me to shutdown the engines to unload, which are already off.  Also, in the background is a continual .5 second beep/tone.  Anyone ran across this yet?

Here is a screenshot showing the engine gauges, and the AH monitoring screen....

--------------------------------
Brad   
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:02am
Did you get the message on landing? "the well done - greaser" etc one?

If you did, just do Finish Flying, and then go to the Fleet screen, select the Twotter then click the Unload Cargo toolbar button (or right click and select it), then unload your cargo from there - that'll complete the job.

Dunno what the .5 second beep is. When did it start playing?

Did you hear a "red alert" klaxon at any point, or did your FS quit or get stuck?

AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Slopey Slopey wrote:

Did you get the message on landing? "the well done - greaser" etc one?

If you did, just do Finish Flying, and then go to the Fleet screen, select the Twotter then click the Unload Cargo toolbar button (or right click and select it), then unload your cargo from there - that'll complete the job.

Dunno what the .5 second beep is. When did it start playing?

Did you hear a "red alert" klaxon at any point, or did your FS quit or get stuck?

Hi Duncan,
   Thanks for a response on the weekend.  I didn't get any AH message at landing, but that is about the same time that the repetitive tone sounded; coincidence...perhaps.  And there was no klaxon, nor did FSX have any issues; it was actually a very smooth, non-eventful flight, other than some weather bouncing.....

Could the klaxon you are referring to, be the beep/tone I'm hearing?  What does the klaxon represent?

I've actually not closed either FSX or AH, hoping to find a solution before I lose the trip and fee.  When I click on the 'Finish Flying and ...." button, it says "You have NOT completed all current jobs....", so I select 'No' at this point.
Brad   
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:11pm
Hmmmm, don't know why we can't edit previous posts...Confused

Update to my previous post:
The bong sound is indeed coming from AH.  When I mute the sound coming from AH, it stops.  It sounds much like the sound on a real aircraft when you push the attendant button overhead, or the seat belt sign comes on.
Brad   
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 3:16pm
Have you made your first pay check? Finish flying and Yes etc??Question

Delivering your cargo-Right on the money!
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 4:12pm
Brad:

The claxon sound is more like the "Dive" claxon on a submarine.

Marty

_popupControl();
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:35pm
Brad, did you sort it out?

1. Did you land on the Runway?
2. Try repositioning on centreline?
3. Are you in an Amphibian? Maybee wheels need to be recognised by AH?

BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:42pm
Hi David,
   Thanks for the feedback.  I landed right on the runway centerline, and rolled for most of the runway before finding a turn-out, so AH should have (and maybe did) recognize a runway landing.  And its a Twin Otter w/wheels.  Brian flies his DH Beaver amphib, with water landings, and it works fine in AH.  Big%20smile

I posted a few screenshots of it on the AH Screenshot forum.
Brad   
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:11pm
Hi Brad, like the screenshots!  The "line of trees" to port looks a bit like a graphics glitch.

Did you get paid for your trip and have you had any mor problems with the "bong" sound?

BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by David David wrote:

Hi Brad, like the screenshots!  The "line of trees" to port looks a bit like a graphics glitch.

Did you get paid for your trip and have you had any mor problems with the "bong" sound?

Thanks.  I didn't really plan them, just grabbed a few inbound to TFFG.  And you're right, the textures for those trees needing fixing, and while you can't see it in the screenshots, there were some aircraft on the ground and some buildings that have hosed textures as well, so I need to pop a note over to the scenery designer so he can fix those...

Sadly, no, I didn't get paid for that trip.Cry  And I haven't reflown that segment yet, so don't know about the bong sound yet either, though it is definitely related to AH.  I'm getting things setup now to fly it, so hopefully later this evening I should hear the Cha-Ching of money in the bank!  .
Brad   
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 8:22pm
Great Brad, good luck. 

Let us know if you succeed.

Btw, did you start with the Lear and sell it to but your Twotter?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic