This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Co-Pilot Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co-Pilot Question
    Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 5:59am
Once we've been flying in AH for a while and we step up to bigger aircraft, what is the situation regarding Co-Pilots? By this I mean that once you start flying a DC-3 and continue on up the food chain to 767s, A320s and 747s etc there will obviously be another pilot in the aircraft with you.

Is this person an AI pilot that you must choose, or do you not have to worry about another body on board with you?

This is of particular significance to me as I am looking at going from the 172 to a Beaver then (staying in DeHavilland mode) to a Twin Otter, which I am sure comes in round the 12,500 lbs MTOW which means that it could be flown as a Single Pilot operation (just like Brian does with his Metro).

Does AH allow us to not have another pilot on board, or is the process automatic, depending on the parameters that may have been set into the sim?

Still counting the days!

Malcolm
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 7:24am

No co-pilots involved in AH, you fly all your planes alone.

Dree Smile

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 7:30am
That would have been a really nice feature.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 7:54am

I remember a discussion about it and maybe it is to be in a future version of AH.

We now still have some co-pilot on board who’s only thing allowed to do is calling heights on approach and some other warnings, he used to do the radio frequencies also but he screwed up and he’s not allowed anymore to touch the radio :D

If I remembered well it was left out because somebody had drown a line, after a co-pilot you also have to have stewardesses and a ground crew of course and before you know your not a pilot anymore but a wage-administrator :D

Dree

spidierox View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spidierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 10:05am
About (heavier) aircraft that require multi-crew: do we need multi AI pilots to be assigned to the same aircraft in order to use a multi-crew req. acft ?

If you can carry it, we can transport it.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 8:11pm
To quote myself: No co-pilots involved in AH, you fly all your planes alone Smile

So you fly your planes, even a 747, single handed like you use to.

The AI pilots you hire fly there planes also single handed.

Dree
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 11:40pm
Why pay for one co-pilot if the aircraft can fly with 1 pilot? thinking about expenditures and profits for each flight that some aircraft can do, or must do. Pay 2 salary for each aircraft is not easyStern%20Smile on scale economy multiplying for each airplane that we will have. just my opinion...
Hans Olo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 6:10am
Originally posted by dree dree wrote:

To quote myself: No co-pilots involved in AH, you fly all your planes alone Smile

So you fly your planes, even a 747, single handed like you use to.

The AI pilots you hire fly there planes also single handed.

Dree

Just to add to this there are a great many addons that simulate copilot actions that could be run alongside AH if one so wishes. In fact too many to choose from: FSPx, IYP, FS2Crew, FDC, MUlticrew Experience, etc...
robbo316 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2009 at 11:16pm
If you want a copilot, get hold of either FsPassengers, or Itsyourplane. Both are great for copilot.
Hans Olo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 7:52am
Originally posted by robbo316 robbo316 wrote:

If you want a copilot, get hold of either FsPassengers, or Itsyourplane. Both are great for copilot.

Great post Robbo! It really adds some extra to what I said just above...
robbo316 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 11:44am
My bad! I didn't notice your post.  I'll just sneak back into the corner!
Revsarge View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revsarge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2009 at 5:54pm
Robbo:

I spend a lot of time in the corner.  Its hard to keep up with everything.

Sarge
_popupControl();
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic