This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R44 startup ... useless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R44 startup ... useless
    Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 8:28pm
Hey,

Just bought the R44 because I read somewhere that it can be started up using the proper startup sequence in FSX unlike the rubbish defaulr R22 where engaging the clutch stalls the engine.

Guess what: the R44 is the same quality mateial. Unless you have the clutch engaged befor engine start which is by the way . - you cannot start it up from a cold cockpit. Otherwise it stalls the engine just the same as the R22...

Evene better - said review informed me about no framerate loss using this product - well I lost half of them. Nice purchase. There was an SP2 update also that I installed (which by the way says SP1 on the installer header) which clamed to fix most issues with FSX acceleration - well it failed to mention that now the R44 cannot be started up using the proper checklist sequence. has anybody else witnessed this also? Any workarounds?

Thank you,

Hans
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 11:32am
Hello Hans,

It's Scotty from Just Flight here. I have read your post and wanted to reply. I just want to clear up something. I do not think that we have ever claimed that the R44 could be used according to the checklist. Unfortunately the R44 has to use the default MS piston helicopter FDE as its basis and that is not as good as really anybody would want, but not much we can do about that unfortunately - The turbine model is apparently a lot better but we are stuck with the piston one and hence the clutch/engine issue.

You can, like with all of our products, obtain a refund if that is what you wish.

Hope that is of assistance.

Scotty.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
axelb9 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axelb9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 12:47pm
Deleted - sorry.
Hans Olo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

Hello Hans,
I do not think that we have ever claimed that the R44 could be used according to the checklist. Scotty.

Hello Scotty - thanks for the reply!

Well - the product manual itself claims that it can be started up using either the checklists or a simplified method which is in the attached pdf manual. It simply cannot be started up using the method which is described in the manual...

I do not know what to say - I was aware of the problem for the default R22 but thought that a payware product would not have the same issue. I made a mistake. I will look for the official review where some moron claims that he is using this to supplement his pilot training. Possibly dead since.

Hans
Hans Olo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:34pm
Does anyone ever hear the low RPM horn that was to be supposedly installed with the Service Pack?

I never ever hear the horn even though the low RPM light lights up.

Thanks,

hans
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 4:41pm
Hello Hans. Is this in FSX or FS2004 please? As far as I can remember it is operational in FS2004 but not in FSX, but I stand to be corrected.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Hans Olo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 8:03pm
It is FSX... have not seen mentioned in the update notes that it was only for FS9. Ouch
Hans Olo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Olo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 7:56am

Another question: panel nightlighting? Cannot find the switch for it - also not documented!

Hans
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic