This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Forum Heading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Forum Heading
    Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 12:02am
Once AH is released (still counting the days!) will JF consider starting a new Heading under the Air Hauler Banner for "Support" (as distinct from "Screenshots" and "General Discussion")?

I think it would be helpful to discuss technical and inner workings issues seperately from the 'general' area.

Any thoughts?

Malcolm
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 12:27am

Generally speaking, in my experience, JF does not use the Support Forum model for their products.  I'm familiar with some companies that do, but as far as I know, JF does not operate in that mode.

This forum will be two-pronged, both general discussion and users helping users, as far as that can go.  Of course some of us who were testers (and maybe even Duncan, the developer) will hang out here and help, pending the emergence of the inevitable power-users.  It should be remembered, however, that we're not JF employees and don't have the knowledge or access to the JF resources (e.g. download operation, unlock keys, customer records, billing, etc.). 

JF does have an excellent Tech Support operation but they handle those things individually and privately, not in an open forum setting.  I intend to make it very clear in this forum that we are NOT tech support, and though we will help where and how we can, we are not the last resort.  If it's a problem that can't be handled at this level, we'll try to send the user to the real Tech Support through the proper channel. 

Also, the forum is not set up to be a filter for JF Tech Support either.  There's nothing to prevent a user with an issue going direct to TS without coming here first, or even reporting the problem with both in parallel.  All that is fine.

All above is just my understanding of how things work and will work at JF.  This is my first time being a forum moderator for them and I'm not an expert.  I'm sure if I've misrepresented anything, Martyn or Richard will jump in and set it straight.

John Allard

John Allard
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 12:42am
Thanks John.

I fully understand. I'm quite happy to post any queries which relate direct to AH concerns in the General Discussion area, as I think that any of my queries likely to follow the release of AH (still counting the days!) will be similar to those already posted, and are unlikely to relate to purely technical issues anyway.

Thanks again for the great service.

Malcolm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic