This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Progression

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qdrummer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Progression
    Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:13pm

So I've been reading the previews and the forums and AH looks like it's going to be a great addition to the Flight Sim Add-on Market.  From what I can tell expenses will continue to be charged to an AH company over real time regardless of whether Flight Sim or AH are running.  Am I correct?

There are times where I may not use Flight Sim for a month at a time, I want to be sure that if I use AH I won't come back from these breaks worse off than when I went on break.
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:30pm

Quote There are times where I may not use Flight Sim for a month at a time, I want to be sure that if I use AH I won't come back from these breaks worse off than when I went on break.

I'm afraid you will.  AH is a real time based business simulation and uses the PC clock to pace the march of events.  Certain things are payable monthly, such as base lease costs, AC lease payments, insurance premiums, loan interest, AI salaries... you get the picture.

AH cannot, of course, do anything with these when it's not running, but when it starts up, it looks at the PC date and time and brings all accounts up to date before turning you loose at the Main Menu bar. For some things, it gives you a choice during that start-up process, whether to let AH pay them automatically or whether you want to process some of the payments manually.  Whichever you choose, however, you still owe what's owed and your net worth will properly reflect it.

John Allard

John Allard
qdrummer21 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qdrummer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:35pm
Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I'll need to unlock AI pilots quickly and keep them busy while I'm not flying. Wink

Another quick question.  I've noticed that AH launches Fligt Simulator as part of the interface.  Has anyone tested AH with FlightEnvironments randomized launch option??
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:47pm

Quote Has anyone tested AH with FlightEnvironments randomized launch option??

Not that I'm aware of.  I use Active Sky in FS9 and AH has no issues with that.  I can't think of anything I'm using that has to be launched before FS.  I also have UT and RE loaded and they behave OK too.

I know some of my fellow testers have launched FS manually before AH does so and that seemed to be OK. I've done it a time or two myself by accident with no ill effects, but there have been some fairly recent changes to AH that occur right at the point of kicking off FS, so I can't say with any certainty at this point how it would behave if FS were already running.

When AH launches FS, it sends many things to FS so that you begin where, when and as you should.  Weather and environment are not, however, part of that, except time of day.

I guess this is the long version of, "I don't know".

John

John Allard
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:37pm
Continuing on the expenses line - on the previous forum I discovered that even the 100 hour maintenance costs were included. Does this continue to the extent of overhaul expenses once engine and prop times reach their limits (usually at about 2000 hours)?

Counting down the days! Thumbs%20Up

Malcolm
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by VH-MAL VH-MAL wrote:

Does this continue to the extent of overhaul expenses once engine and prop times reach their limits (usually at about 2000 hours)? 

Malcolm,

No, just the 100 hour periodic inspections.  Once you pay for one of those, you won't be wishing for much more in the way of reality, however. 

Maintenance performed at one of your bases is cheaper however, and maintenance gets progressively cheaper if you have a fleet of the same AC.  It's an ecomony of scale kind of thing, and the amount of discount keeps increasing on a sliding scale as you add more expamples of that kind of aircraft.  There's a limit on the % discount  you can get, however.  Your discount approaches, but never quite reaches that limit, no matter how many AC of that type you own.

John
John Allard
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 10:11pm
Thanks again John for your very quick reply, as I keep saying, the depth and realism of AH is absolutely amazing.

You're quite right - who in their right mind would want any ongoing expenses additional to the 100 hourly's!

Cheers

Malcolm
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by qdrummer21 qdrummer21 wrote:

From what I can tell expenses will continue to be charged to an AH company over real time regardless of whether Flight Sim or AH are running.  Am I correct?

Correct - regardless of if you do/don't play AH, base rentals, aircraft lease payments, insurance payments and pilot wages all need to be paid on a monthly basis.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qdrummer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 12:56pm
Thanks for all the replies.  I'll probably just have to add the AH shortcut to my Startup folder so that it's always open and I can assign the AI pilots to keep things moving during my inactive flight periods.  As for Flight Environment as long as I can launch Flight Sim prior and on my own I should be all set.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 1:16pm
Remember AH or FS don't need to be running for AI pilots to fly - so you can queue up a load of jobs, shut down, then come back to in a week later and the AI jobs will be processed (correctly as if they were running all the time) at that point. :)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qdrummer21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 6:28pm
Oh I know.  If I don't set the program to run on startup I'll forget to check the progress and make new assignements each week.  Wink
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 1:23am

Bear in mind that the maximum life of a job in AH is far less than a week, so you can't give your AI pilots a whole week of work at a time - some of the jobs would expire before they could be delivered.

John

John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic