This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some questions from AH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 6:57pm
Welll............I suppose it all depends upon the jobs available?  If I can fill the Hercs hold and work it 24/7?  Maybe.....................

Duncan said its 361k up front to lease a DC3! then 160k a month. Those are less eyewatering figures. The other tempting fact is that the cost of buying the A/C comes down with every lease payment..........

With all this speculation, before any of us has their mits on Airhauler, you can bet on one cert. Its goin to be a winner!
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 10:50pm
Counting the days!

Regarding the availability of used aircraft, which I understand will happen on a random basis - are such aircraft for sale at your home base? (or do I still have to go to Namibia, refering to another thread!).

Malcolm
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 10:53pm
Given the credit crunch, sellers of 2nd hand aircraft are usually more than happy to deliver it to a base of your choosing. If you're really lucky, they'll not estimate their fuel correctly and leave a few gallons on board! ;)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
VH-MAL View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VH-MAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 10:57pm
Sounds good to me!

Thanks to all those involved in this incredible project, and thanks also for the very quick and helpful replies - it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Malcolm
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 9:34am
Hi  yes agree this sounds great. My AH disk should be with me in 3 weeks!!!!:)

As to the availability of used A/C, I have read that if you "import" A/C into Airhauler (even though you cannot afford them yet) this will increase the chances of them being available as used.  Not sure how this works but it sounds good. 

Are the AI pilots all the same in their abilities? Do they gain in competance as they fly? and are they capable of crashing your A/C? Necessitating the use of "insurance?"

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 9:39am
You need to import aircraft into AirHauler for AH to know about them.

If you don't import them, you'll never be able to buy them, and they'll never appear in the 2nd hand lists.
AirHauler Developer
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 8:34pm
Just read the preview over on Mutleys Hanger. Excellent!!

Provoked another question or two..

The Airhauler altitude callouts on approach, can they be disabled?  The JF 737PIC uses altitude callouts and wondered if the A/H callouts would conflict with 737PIC?

Without an internet connection, can the user adjust the Avgas price?  Noticed its dropped some 60% over the last 12 months.

Cheers!
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 8:41pm
You can disable AH GPWS from the options screen.

If you don't have an internet connection, AH won't retrieve the current $ per barrel of JetA, and will use a default value.

You can, however, have the net connection active, retrieve the current value, then not use the net connection. AH will use the current value until such time as there is an active connection available. But to be honest, that's a bit pointless - either use the feature if you've got an always on connection, or don't if you're not always connected to the net ;)
AirHauler Developer
David View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 10:50am
Thanks again Duncan. 

I will mostly be non internet, my main FSX PC runs minimalistic so I can maximise all its RAM and CPU power.

The topic discussed on Mutley's re the possibilities, ie., pilot flies A to B to E to C to A, picking up cargo dropping off etc., just sounds fascinating.  Also the possibility of "feeder" routes......

I also like Amphibians, so a route begining at a major airport (757F), then to a regional (Caravan),  then to a small urban (Stationair or default Goose)  and finally to a water landing....................as long as the cargo is there I guess this would be possible?  Even with your AI pilots working with you for some of the legs!

Anyway thanks again.  This is all great.
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 2:44am
Some good ideas indeed I have read, and the test company it will go to be necessary!

One important question I think, if we want format the disk, for example. How we get all information that we have from previous AH installation, aircraft, money, pilots, hub's and so on..., on new one, can we make some kind of backup and then import with the new AH installation?

Thanks once again!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 2:51am

AH creates and maintains a company file for each of your companies and puts them in a specific folder.  If you have eight companies, there will be eight company files.  Those are all that are needed for a backup and restore.

You must also re-run the scenery import utility in AH if you reload the program.  That lets AH know the details of add-on or modified airports in your FS installation.  AH doesn't really care much about scenery, but it is intensely involved with runways and defined parking spots and gates.

John
John Allard
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 3:06am
Thank you Jonh, was a fast reply! I see it will be easy to recoup everythingBig%20smile
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 6:29pm
More pocket questions from me,

A) If the fuel prices increases, the transport price of the merchandise goes up automatically, or we have less profit because this, how our company reacts in this aspect?

B) Can we change the names of our AI pilots, and add some personal information for a specific pilot just for our own control?

C) As the cost of the transport of the merchandises is calculated, distance, distance and cargo type, aircraft type, or?

D) Can we make some kind of contracts with some airports for better aircraft maintenance price around the world, or contracts with some fuel brands, to sell us fuel with more competitive prices(maybe a idea) in real world it is a fact.

Thanks in advance

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 7:17pm
A - you get less profit, otherwise if job prices went up in line with fuel, there'd be no point varying fuel.

B - yes - you can change their names

C - it's a secret

D - not yet. Fuel hedging is planned in a later version (edit - as John says below you get discount on maintenance at bases)
AirHauler Developer
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 7:47pm

Quote Can we make some kind of contracts with some airports for better aircraft maintenance price around the world...

You do get a sizeable discount for maintenance performed at any of your bases. 

John

John Allard
Herege View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herege Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 1:20am
Thank you for the answers Duncan and Jonh.

A- Yes, it is logical and comprehensive.
But, I hope that the fuel does not increase to the point of that the prices practised for the transport are not enough to pay our invoices.The market of fuels is complicated in the current times ;)

B - Good! 

C - Embarrassed

D - Yes I understant that in our bases we have a large discount. But for example, IF we have only 1 Hub, in europe, and I have a aircraft make some cargo in Japan/USA with tech. problems, if I have a contract in one of the airports of there, he would be positive. To fly from Japan/USA to the Europe would be impossible or very risky to make it with it damages.
This was an idea of a possible scene of crisis, just that.Smile

Thanks!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2009 at 1:36am

Herege,

There are a number of ways to manage your way through a situation like that in AH, or better, to avoid being in that predicament in the first place.  Good management and the ability to foresee the possibility of situations like that will serve you well in AH.

Before putting 95% of your cash and credit into a large AC, you would do well to have a conversation with yourself along the lines of, "What would I do if...?"

You can certainly dig yourself into a hole that you cannot get out of in AH, and there are some things that happen that are just luck.

John
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic