This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extend AH for new business op...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extend AH for new business op...
    Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 5:40pm
AH is going to be great for the freight/cargo market....that's pretty obvious.   But what about 2-legged cargo...the ones that, while frequently talk to you, can pay more for their transport....Wink

There was a VA coming online that sort of covered this opportunity, but it appears has folded before actually getting into operation.  It appears to have been pretty well supported by the flying community until it disappeared (http://mustang.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=131). 

Would it make sense to add a charter subsidiary aspect to AH?

Brad
--------------------------------
Brad   
Brian_ View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 5:51pm
Brad,

I can't speak for the developers but that's how I've been using AH myself, at least insofar as flying the Mustang. Obviously, the software doesn't say; "three pax show up wanting to go to XYZ...." but there's nothing to stop me from using the software to do the same sort of thing. And whether I'm carrying chickens or Victoria's Secret models, the business and operational aspect of it remain the same.Smile
BradS View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2009 at 6:51pm
Hey Brian,
  Yep, I agree...one can 'virtualize' the cargo in AH to mean anything. And I had kind of assumed you were carrying pax, rather than wooden-boxed/barreled cargo, in that new, squeeky-clean leather interiored 'Stang...Embarrassed 

And perhaps there may be other 'business rules' that would be applicable to the pax only side of the business. (For example, the 'perishability' (patience to wait) of the pax, mid-flight changes of destination, fees, perhaps even a NetJet model, etc) 

B
--------------------------------
Brad   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic