This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Banks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Banks
    Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:58pm
Hi all

I thought I would run this past a few old brains in the forum here!

I bank with Nationwide and changed my old account to a new flex account for direct debit etc

I have recently moved house and changed my surname, so had to go into branch with all the details: deed poll documents, bills etc.

It has been 5 weeks and today I received a new Smart card account with my old address and old surname.

I rang up Customer Services and was told that they have had nothing from my branch. I then got put through to someone at my branch to be told that the important and forms have spent an hour filling in have been lost!

Isn’t this a breach of data protection?

What do you think I should do next?

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 6:19pm
Hi,

It's not a breach of data protection, unless the documents end up outside of the control of your bank and/or unauthorized people can get access to it, but you're not likely to know what the situation is unless it becomes publicized or they tell you.

I wouldn't call them - get down there and complain. Get it in writing that they've lost your forms, then tell them you're going to go to the Information Commissioner if they aren't found pronto.

Quote I received a new Smart card account with my old address and old surname.

This is odd. Is this your new account??? You're not clear.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Mrbobo View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrbobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 7:32pm
No this is the account I closed!
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 8:40pm
Banks are so archaic aren't they?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:18pm
Nationwide aren't exactly the best at arranging relatively simple things, I have banked with them for over 20 years and have found them getting worse on service.

It must be the cut-backs and move to automation that has caused it Confused

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Cheers
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:40pm
And this is scary isn't it?

It seems the crims are targeting the big organisations that hold all our data, phone numbers card details, even the three digit code on the back
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:51pm
I am sure all of our on-line data is accessible to the crims.

It's like anything else in modern life, you are very fortunate if you don't get mugged, lose your job or get your card and banking details stolen, I must be in the wrong job Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic