This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Flite DC-10 collection.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Flite DC-10 collection.
    Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:57pm

Guten Tag!

I recently purchased the DC10 collection and have been extremely impressed by the level of detail of the overall package. The different variants are a complete joy to fly, the liveries and of exceptional quality and the inclusion of the engineers panels and the fmc are the cherry on the cake. This add-on will provide me years of joy and I encourage anyone with an interest in 'heavy-metal' to invest in this!

One query that I have is that I can't seem to access the advertised airstairs. The booklet bears no mention of the function but I've seen it in screenshots. I would be extremely grateful if you could help me out.

Aside from that; Fantastic release!!! Looking forward to the 747-200/300!!!

Mick.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:01pm
Hi Mick,

Thanks for the kind words! I'm afraid I can't remember the exact key press off the top of my head but it's usually either Shift+E>2 or Shift+E>3.
Hope this is of help
A310fan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:06pm
Wow - very quick reply! Thanks very much indeed!

I've tried both of those suggestions (which is indeed how to access the airstairs in  the excellent A300/A310 Flite package) but has no effect on the DC10. Shift+e+2 opens cargo doors and Shift+e+3 doesn't appear to do anything.
Could it be the case that I have to assign a key?
Many thanks!!!
m~
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:06pm
If you visit the FAQ linked to below, it shows how to open the mini icon panel. One of these icons allows you to enable/disable airstairs:

http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=145&supportProductName=DC-10%20Collection#FAQ206
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
A310fan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:10pm
Excellent! I shall try that out as soon as possible.
Thanks very much!!!
mick~
Spawntscuk View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawntscuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:16pm
I highly recommend the IGS Gauges to complement the DC10.  They are available at http://www.isgsim.com/.  I have installed the Nav Display and FMC.  Can now fly the plane with LNAV and VNAV.  And have a moving map.
Aion Online Main Roguesquadron Alts Grace & Gijoe
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Spawntscuk Spawntscuk wrote:

I highly recommend the IGS Gauges to complement the DC10.  They are available at http://www.isgsim.com/.  I have installed the Nav Display and FMC.  Can now fly the plane with LNAV and VNAV.  And have a moving map.

Out of interest, how easy are they to install into products such as DC-10?
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Spawntscuk View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawntscuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 1:31pm
Very easy.  There are panel configs posted on the ISGSIM homepage for the DC10.  You can either manually add them via the panel.cfg file or via FS Panel Studio.
Aion Online Main Roguesquadron Alts Grace & Gijoe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic