This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

747 won't take off!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longeneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 747 won't take off!
    Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 1:33am
Hi

My 747 will not take off no matter how far I pull back on the joystick. It overshoots runway every time and does not take off until at least 280!! This means it travels along the ground for some time. I have noticed that somebody else has this problem in the forum. Please help! Maybe I haven't done something in the cockpit which prevents it from taking off normally.
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 7:27am
try setting your elevator trim!  The manual suggests 4.9 units up on the tuturial.  I made the same mistake several times too.

rory
CaptCosslett View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 8:29pm
Always check the trim before rolling, also make sure the AP is off.
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 8:50pm
Also have you set the flaps.  That will give you lift.
Edward Longe View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Longe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 8:51pm

around 15 degrees is good

CAA= Cash Again,Again!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 9:16pm

It is out of trim.

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 9:44pm
Is the aircraft too heavy? A 747 Classic with full fuel tanks and a full pax/cargo load will not have a hope of getting off the ground on an average length runway. Use the Fuel/Payload menu and lower the fuel load. Not sure if this addon has a loader program or not, but either way, reduce the payload.
Kind regards,
Tom
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 9:51pm

IT IS OUT OF TRIM, ALSO MAKE SURE THE AP IS OFF!!!

Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 10:13pm
The weight is always a problem, the 742/3 would never, like Tom said, get off an average length runway fully loaded. I don't know if you can change the PAX on this one, but try lowering the fuel before you begin the flight.

Matt.
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by CaptCosslett CaptCosslett wrote:

No need to shout about it. Also, unless he has set down trim instead of up trim, he'd still be able to take off without running out of elevator authority. I think the problem is more to do with the aircraft being overweight than incorrectly trimmed.
Kind regards,
Tom
longeneil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longeneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 7:28pm
Well to put all of your minds at rest - it was simply that I had not set the elevator trim. And this was sorted months ago - how come the sudden flood of replies?

Thaaaaaanks!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptCosslett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by twright twright wrote:

Originally posted by CaptCosslett CaptCosslett wrote:

No need to shout about it. Also, unless he has set down trim instead of up trim, he'd still be able to take off without running out of elevator authority. I think the problem is more to do with the aircraft being overweight than incorrectly trimmed.

It was out of trim, weight had nothing to do with it.
GabethePilot View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabethePilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 9:45am
You could still be attached to the pushback tug  ?

Have you removed the chocks ?

Hehe !...........Wink .

767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by GabethePilot GabethePilot wrote:

You could still be attached to the pushback tug  ?

Have you removed the chocks ?

Hehe !...........Wink .

Or is he actually increasing the throttles?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic