This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Install Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Install Issues
    Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 5:48pm
Okay so here's the problem.....

Anything I try to install automatically attempts to install to C:/ root even if the file is meant to install to a sub-directory (assuming it doesn't ask for an install folder).

If the installer is setup to check my computer for a certain program (i.e. FS9) it as such can't find as my computer forces it to look in the C:/ root.

Obviously this means I am forced to not install some things because I can't change the installation directory.

Any Idea's? Could be something very trivial but I really don't want to do any restores or reinstallations.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 10:26pm
Hi Ryan,

Does this refer to a Just Flight installer?
theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:47pm
Not at the moment.

I only have Traffic from JF and that was installed before this problem.

Anyone else?
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:49pm
Scan your system for viruses. Sounds suspect if they're all doing it. If that's clear, I suggest re-installing Windows.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 11:57pm
McAfee found nothing Confused

I knew it would result in Window's re-install. I could try a repair rather than a full format as even my 160GB ExHDD won't handle the things I'd need to transfer to a fresh install.

I'll try it tomorrow on my day off (got to love striking teachers). Thanks for planting the seed Vulcan.

I'm excellent with hardware issues but Software drives me round the bend. I'll get back to say how it goes!
Many Thanks,

Ryan

P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 3:54pm
Well I've just given up and started compressing my important files for backup then I'm going to re-format.

It look's like quite a bad system error possibly (my diagnosis) caused by an installation in the past that incorrectly created backups of vital files (boot.ini ect), but despite rebuilding it in the recovery console it didn't fix the problem which leaves me thinking the problem is deep within the System Files that make up the Windows XP installation.

Ah well. Must carry on........
Many Thanks,

Ryan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic