This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sky on your PC?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sky on your PC?
    Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 4:58pm
Hi all,

Just wondered does anyone know how i can get sky on my PC? i have a TV tuner so i can watch normal TV on it but just wondered if there was a way i could connect my sky up?

Thanks flightboy

theryanbradley View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theryanbradley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 5:28pm
Sky on Demand?

Not live though I suppose. You can connect it but you need a TV card that let's you plug in a scart. I looked into it a while ago for CCTV so guess it works on the same principles. I'm sure you could record of it so you could have the Sky+ services for freeeeeeeee (not Sky Anytime though).

Something to look into I suppose but I'll stick to built in Freeview for now and Sky+ downstairs.
Many Thanks,

Ryan

There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician, the other is an artist in love with flight.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:02pm
You either need a stand alone satellite box and then connect that via the composite in of a TV tuner card or get a satellite tuner capable TV card.

Or you could just extend the existing Sky box output to the composite input on your existing TV card (or graphics card) assuming one of them has an input via a radio video sender. Only get to watch what the sky box is tuned to then though.
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 10:20am
Hi, I used to have sky on my pc. Use the RF out I think using a coaxial (spelling ??) cable to transfer the pciture.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 7:02pm
Thanks all Thumbs%20Up i have a friend whos going to set it up for me on sat night ( before he has a drink ) so i can rec judge judy for me to watch when i like Tongue

Flightboy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic