This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Surgical Spirit' Spooks Hospital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Surgical Spirit' Spooks Hospital
    Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 6:43pm

Workers at Derby's new Royal Hospital have reported seeing a black-clad figure in a cloak stalking wards and corridors.

The £334m hospital is built on the site of the old Derby City Hospital - the same site where a Roman road used to run.

A hospital spokesman has confirmed to Sky News that a number of hospital workers had been "spooked" by a sighting.

And she said a chaplain would be meeting staff next week to help allay their concerns.

Word of a planned exorcism spread after an email to staff was leaked to the media.

180%20ghost%20in%20window%20of%20haunted%20house

Who you gonna call?

Senior manager Debbie Butler wrote: "I'm not sure how many of you are aware that some members of staff have reported seeing a ghost.

"I'm taking it seriously as the last thing I want is staff feeling uneasy at work.

"I've spoken to the Trust's chaplain and she is going to arrange for someone from the cathedral to exorcise the department."

But a hospital spokesman said: "There is absolutely no truth in what has been reported in the media today that an exorcism has been arranged.

"We will be talking to staff in the department to listen to their concerns.

"We respect our staff and always listen to their views to help put minds at ease."

Experts said the surgical spirit could be the ghost of a Roman soldier killed on the spot where the hospital was first built in the 1920s.

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 7:18pm
Any major electrical equipment near the locations? Strong EMF?

Evidence is starting mount that EMF etc.. can induce hallucinations such as these.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
FSaddict View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FSaddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by VulcanB2 VulcanB2 wrote:

Any major electrical equipment near the locations? Strong EMF?Evidence is starting mount that EMF etc.. can induce hallucinations such as these.Best regards,Vulcan.

argh no! Now we have to leave earth!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 9:06am
Evidence is starting mount that EMF etc.. can induce hallucinations such as these.

True, there's a researcher that attaches electrodes to scalps and induces hallucinations. There are a lot of accounts that don't make sense in regard to that theory though.

There is evidence that people that drink more than 7 cups of coffee a day are more prone to hallucinate.

'Ghosts' have been seen Long before we had powerful sources of EM thougth and a far as I know before the modern coffee drinking era.

Neither of the aforementioned theories account for multiple sightings of the same phenomenon.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic