This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Imported plane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettt777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Imported plane
    Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 9:32pm
Okay I'm not sure if this is something I am suppose to be able to do or not....I took a certain plane from CFS2 and tried to import it into FS9. It works...kinda. It's in the game and it flies but has some major problems. First, the landing gear is not visible and the control surfaces don't move. Second, it seems like the plane defaults to some little prop engine and sound (this plane is a jet). It sounds like a little Cessna and has very little power as it can barely reach 200 knots. So, my questions of course are: why doesn't my gear show up and controls move, and what file determines which engine and sounds the aircraft uses?
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 11:42am
Hi there,

If you have moved the aircraft to the FS9 aircraft folder then you are doing well! It sounds like the sound, panel or some controls have be aliased to another aircraft in CFS2 and because that aircraft is not present in FS9 it has aliased itself to the default aircraft in FS9, which is the Cessna.

Go to your FS9 aircraft folder (where you must have moved the aircraft so it displays in FS9). Open the panel folder and panel.cfg and tell me what is says? Do the same for the sound folder and cfg.

Is there another aircraft in CFS2 that used the same panel or sound as the aircraft that you have moved to FS9? If so chances are then you will have to move that aircraft over to FS9 as well (or just move the panel and sound panels to replace of your current folders in the FS9 version. 

See how you get on there, there are a couple of other things that might need to be tweaked, but thats a start.  
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic