This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FLite 747 missing texture in VC mode.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLite 747 missing texture in VC mode.
    Posted: 18 Jan 2009 at 9:24pm
Hiya Guys,

Well I'm the proud owner of the FLite 747, picked my copy up from those nice people at Flightstore in Mirfield on Saturday.  I'm mostly pleased with it and the aircraft flies well, however I do have a slight problem.  In the VC mode, the textures for the navigation mode switch and the autopilot mode switch are missing, giving a clear view through the glareshield to the outside.  The actual swiches are there but nothing else, and I'm unable to operate them either. In the 2D mode they are there just fine and I can operate them.  I have flown the aircraft a couple of times and to be able to use the switches, I have to flick between VC and 2D.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but to no avail.  The other thing is, is that the textures are complete after reinstallation in VC mode but when I power off the pc and turn it back on, the above problem is back.

Any suggestions?

Rory
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2009 at 7:19am
I think I've sorted it!  i uninstalled it for the 5th time, then deleted my shadow files and all but the last restore point and it seems to have cleared up the problem.

rory
Igore View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2009 at 4:12pm
Hi Kessler

I'm having the same problem in VC mode and would like to know how you had it sorted out.  If you don't mind showing me what to do as far as deleting the " shadow files"?  I have know idea what that is or where it could be found to have it deleted.  Thanks in advance for any help.   I've also re-installed the software multiple times but to no avail.. Have a great day :)
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2009 at 8:43pm
Hello Sir,

I'm only assuming what I did cleared up my particular problem!  Firstly, uninstall the 747 program, including any saved flights you may have made of it.  Then search through FSX and remove any files/folders that may remain relating to JF's 747. Then open disc cleanup, select "files from all users on this pc", when the list is compiled, click on "more options", clean up system restore and shadow copies.  Also, after this, open control panel, click on "system", then system protection, untick automatic restore points, apply. this will delete all previous resore points - so be sure your pc is working ok up to the point of doing it! Then retick automatic restore points, and from that point your pc will resume creating restore points.  I'm no computer expert and i'm sure there are those out on the forum who may know better than me.  As said, it seems to have sorted my problem but cant guarantee it will work for you!

Rory
Igore View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2009 at 4:42am
Hi Kessler

Thanks for the time and informative steps... I'll try your method to see if it resolve on my computer :).  I'm a novice on computer myself and with your steps.. I'll manage to do it.. Thanks again... Happy Flying!
yankeesji View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeesji Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 10:45pm
I have the same issue.  A possible solution from Just Flight would be great.  I'm tired of unistalling and reinstalling programs for it just to come back.

Anything Just Flight? Confused
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 9:12am
Have you reported this to the support team so that it can be investigated? http://justflight.com/support.asp
Ruggles View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 3:45am
I had the same problem. Here is where I found my fix and it works and is very easy to do. http://www.commerciallevel.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8266 Just go down to the post from Missi.
Ruggles View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 8:36pm

The fix I found in the CLS forum worked, but only once. When I finished that session of FSX and later came back to it, it did the same thing. So now I have to figure out what changes the files that I edited to make it work.

Mattska View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mattska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 10:01pm
The Missi post from CLS fixed mine. Good job Missi and thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic