This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with RAF Tornado in FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with RAF Tornado in FSX
    Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 11:50am

Hello,

I have the disk version of the RAF Tornado, so I downloaded the FSX upgrade patch, which seemed to install the aircraft fine. My problem is that in the virtual cockpit the head-up display is unreadable, particularly the air speed and altitude.

Is this a problem with my installation or is it as a result of the age of the model, after all it was originally a FS2002 product?

If the problem can be sorted it would be great particularly as there is no suitable replacement for this aircraft currently on the market.

Regards,

Ian.

gsnde View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsnde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 8:56pm
No, I have exactly the same problem with the Tornado. It is a very nice aircraft, but the VC is not acceptable. An official statement would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Martin
IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 1:25pm
Yes Martain,
          I was wondering if I was going to get a reply.
                                                                                          Ian
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 2:34pm
Quote An official statement would be much appreciated.

Official Statement - Classified Information!

If you are looking for technical support for products purchased, please go through the support section: http://www.justflight.com/support.asp

Some more information: http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
gsnde View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsnde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:19pm
Well, thank you for pointing us in the right direction, Martyn.

I guess our misunderstanding where to go results from the fact that our problem is on the  borderline between a technical issue (VC unreadable) and an aesthetic issue (VC enormous ugly).

I will raise a ticket at the address you have given me, thank you again.

What exactly is the foreseen purpose of this forum?

Cheers,
Martin
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:24pm
Quote What exactly is the foreseen purpose of this forum?

Difficult one to answer really. Generally chit chat and discussion of products etc as well as users helping each other out if they wish. A flight sim community, loosely based around the Just Flight range.

We will help users if its a quick question, but we can't turn the forum into a support forum as it just confuses everything. We need to log support problems properly and this needs to be done via the support section of our website
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:25pm
Hi Martin,

The forum here is not intended as a portal for technical support. We don't monitor it closely enough in order to use it for that purpose. It's intended to be a place to chat with other FS enthusiasts about pretty much whatever you like, either Flight Sim or anything else going on in the world.
Basically, if you need an official answer to a problem/query relating to a Just Flight product then the best way is to contact us via the Technical Support section where it can be logged and passed to the right member of the team. We can't guarantee that we won't miss it if it is placed here

Thanks
gsnde View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsnde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:42pm
Thanks, guys.

I think my expectations on the forum would have been to hear something like "mmh, looks good on our side, you seem to have another problem" or "iiks, you are right, this is not acceptable".

Let's see what comes back from the official route then. I have raised a ticket already.

Cheers,
Martin
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 3:44pm
The thing is with the RAF Tornado FSX update is that is just a port over from FS2004. No new features or enhancements were added so it is of the same standard as the FS2004 version
gsnde View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsnde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:31pm
Personally I believe in this case it has not so much to do with FSX but with the screen resolution. I work with 1600*1200. Ian, what is your resolution?

See, I would not flinch to find something like this in a 12,99 $ bargain. But it is still a 29.99 $ sale, and for that price it is not acceptable.

Do you see my point and can you agree to the argumentation?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:38pm
Hi gsnde,

Quick note, you are more than welcome to a full refund if it doesn't meet you expectations. Just contact orders@justflight.com
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 4:48pm

Hi gsnde,

The resolution which I am using is 1280x1024 using an Nvidia 768 mb 8800 GTX graphics card. The virtual cockpit whilst not being the best in the world is not the problem, the problem is the poor quality of the head-up display which is unreadable. As an aircraft like the Tornado is flown primarily using the head-up display this makes the aircraft virtually un-flyable in my opinion.

I am also very sorry if I have caused any problems by posting this issue in the wrong place.

Regards,

Ian.

gsnde View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsnde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi gsnde,

Quick note, you are more than welcome to a full refund if it doesn't meet you expectations. Just contact orders@justflight.com

Thank you, Martyn. Maybe support can offer a fix.

Cheers,
Martin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic