This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pmdg 737-600/700

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pmdg 737-600/700
    Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 9:09am
hello..

i have been trying to autoland the pmdg 737 600/700 for a few days noe but i cant make it turn to the line up. it has the ILS signal but it wont autoland can someone tell me how to do it ?? i have programed the FMC too
greets palle
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 11:36am
There is a great little tutorial with that which takes you on a short flight in Germnay which explains eveything, maybe have a look at that.
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:52pm
Does it follow the Glideslope down to the Runway?
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 1:15pm
Not sure how this works in the PMDG but this is what you do in almost all aircraft.

You tune both NAV radios to the ILS frequency, sometimes it is also necessary to select the runway QDM in the Course window.  Set the aircraft up to fly into the localiser for the runway, then prime LOC on the glareshield.  As soon as the aircraft captures it, it will turn toward the runway.  At this point you can also prime GLIDE in the same way, by pressing APPR (or similar).  You must also engage both autopilots (A and B, or 1 and 2 depending on a/c), if you want to autoland.  In an airbus, as long as the speed is in managed mode with the autothrust engaged it will maintain the correct approach speed.  In a Boeing I think you have to dial the speed down manually with the speed knob.  You also have to manage the gear, flaps and spoilers manually.  When the aircraft nears the ground, it should start to flare, then it will land.  Then you disengage the autothrust and engage reverse and stop.
Kind regards,
Tom
Palle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:19pm
okay thanks...but won't turn to the line up for the runway and it wont disengage the altitude it just keep flying straight out and i am sure it has the ILS signal cause it keeps beebing (?)
greets palle
Kelvin_C-J View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelvin_C-J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 2:27pm

well have you put in the correct course heading?

And, have you pressed the 'APP' button?

If not, or if you don't know what I mean, I'll make a video for you showing it if you want?
Best Regards,
Kelvin Chilvers-Jones

Palle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 5:20pm
i know what you mean but i still cant make it work..so if you want i will be glad if you would make a vidio ... :)
greets palle
FOD View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:23pm
Palle,

On the PMDG 737, turning to the final approach track and engaging autoland are two separate issues and actions. I recommend that you go onto the PMDG Forum at AVSIM. All the answers are there and if you have problems finding them, there are many very experienced 737 folks to help.

John R

Palle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:54pm
okay i will do that thank you 
greets palle
Palle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 9:25pm
i have started the apr now and done what i normally do when i autoland..i press the app button but it wont turn and when i activate lnav it disengage efter a few seconds
greets palle
Palle View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 10:26pm
now i have found out thanks guys :) :)
greets palle
Spawntscuk View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawntscuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 1:12am
Why not check out some of PMDG tutorials found on their website.  Or do a search as there are a few on avsim.
Aion Online Main Roguesquadron Alts Grace & Gijoe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic