This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Job
    Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 8:33am
How do. I have an interview on Monday for a new job. 30 cover restaurant, 9 hours split shifts. More money than im on now and total control of the kitchen. I have just read my current contract and they have stated that I only have to give 1 weeks notice ! I didnt know this... I will give two weeks notice if I get the job. For the bosses this isnt the bad new that Im leaving :

If I leave in two weeks it means that the head chef cant go on his holiday to Italy. Before Chrismtas I asked for time off from the 10th May to go the my mother in laws 50th that our lass has organised and we have paid for. My boss said yes no problem at all. 3 months later he pulls me up and says I have some bad news. He said you cant go on holiday because I forgot that I have a wedding to go to in Italy. So we talked and me and the missus argued for a long time over this.. I have to work it as there is no-one to cover the kitchen. If you remember my post the other day about working for 2 weeks with no days off...

Welllll if I take this job then I can still go to the party and be better off in my job Tongue but my boss wont be able to go away. Do I feel bad ?? He did the same to me. Dont get me wrong im not doing this to get back at him even though to him it will look this way. The chef in this new job leaves in 2 weeks so there is a very small time frame for me to take this job.

So bring on Monday. Smile

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 8:57am
Right thing to do to look for another job Craig. The cover thing was bad enough but to have you holiday arranged and then he turns round and makes an excuse why you can't go is unacceptable. You'll be better out of there. Doesn't sound like they run their business very well.
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 9:39am
You are right about them running the business badly. They bought a £250,000 house and a Merc in the 1st year of business and they cant afford more staff. Its up to them what they do with there money, thats there personal life but its the staff at the moment that are working the long hours for it. He covers my days off and comes in the kitchen Fri / Sat night and that is it, me and another lad do the rest. In a way I feel quite bad and Im really Censored myself about telling him but he did the same to me.  All the staff are moaning so maybe they will follow Evil%20Smile
Spawntscuk View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawntscuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 10:27am
Congratulations on the new job Mavestar.  Wish you all the best.  Smile
Aion Online Main Roguesquadron Alts Grace & Gijoe
Guests View Drop Down
Passengers
Passengers
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:28pm
Good luck on Monday,  It sounds like a no brainer for the way you have been treated in the past.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 12:39pm
Hi,

He will likely still go on holiday - he'll just have to close for the duration.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:20pm
Good luck mavestar!Smile

Flightboy
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 7:56am
Hi, thanks for the comments. I told him Sat that I had a job interview and I think he Censored himself. He offered to cancel his holiday so that I can take mine ! I got alot to think about.
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 12:51pm
Negotiate a higher salary perhaps?

Best regards,
Vulcan.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 2:34pm
Good luck for the interview Craig,  do what you fell is the best for you and Vee, your boss will still get over it. Thumbs%20Up

Cheers
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 7:06pm
I hear they need a new chef at Mutley manor.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 7:18pm
Go for the interview anyway! see what they are like etc then least you still have the option!

Flightboy
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 9:50pm
True flighty ! Theres no harm in looking. I just got a raise 2 months ago pointy and they cant afford new staff so I cant see more money for me. Besides its not the money thats the problem its the other stuff. I like working there its just the bosses are a right pain in the arrrrrse some times.
Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2008 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by mavestar mavestar wrote:

True flighty ! Theres no harm in looking. I just got a raise 2 months ago pointy and they cant afford new staff so I cant see more money for me. Besides its not the money thats the problem its the other stuff. I like working there its just the bosses are a right pain in the arrrrrse some times.

What kind of stuff do you cook mave? dont suppose you know how to cook a mini garlic bread like dominos? i tried but i think i went wrong at the yeast addig point Embarrassed

Flightboy
mavestar View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mavestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 8:01am
www.infusionkendal.com

We cook all sorts. We do garlic breads but we make the pizza dough on a mass scale. I could'nt tell you the recipe for such a small amount.
lucas572 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas572 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 4:13pm
Good luck with the interview if you decide to go Mave, I'm sure you'll knock em' off their feetThumbs%20Up and all the best in whatever path you decide upon
Lucas572

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic