This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "did 'ya see that ludicrous display last night?"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"did 'ya see that ludicrous display last night?"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "did 'ya see that ludicrous display last night?"
    Posted: 01 Dec 2008 at 11:04pm

Hi!

Just wondered if anyone watches the new series of "The IT Crowd" on Friday nights on Channel 4? It's hilarious.... basically about a pair of IT technicians who are... well a bit gorky!!

And before you ask, the title is a quote from Friday's episode!!! 
Kind regards,
Tom
icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 6:10pm
Still waiting to catch it, got the first two series on DVD, love it!!!
767nutter View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 767nutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 7:44pm
i don't really get it, watched a scene with one of the main characters in a pub asking to speak to his mate, turns to the guy sitting next to him and says '' excuse me please '' and you hear the background laughter, i don't get it, or am i missing something? Confused
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by 767nutter 767nutter wrote:

i don't really get it, watched a scene with one of the main characters in a pub asking to speak to his mate, turns to the guy sitting next to him and says '' excuse me please '' and you hear the background laughter, i don't get it, or am i missing something? Confused

Oh you need to watch the beginning bit to find that bit funny! Basically the whole episode is about him trying to be a "real man" so he's learning these football phrases and reciting them in a cockney accent to make him sound like a "real man".  When he says "excuse me please" he says that in his usual, geeky, slightly poofy voice!
Kind regards,
Tom
icudan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icudan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2008 at 3:30pm
What was Wenger thinking putting Walcott on that early in the game??? .

Watched it on the Channel 4 website last night!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic