This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

747 St.Maarteen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaps93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 747 St.Maarteen
    Posted: 30 Nov 2008 at 11:51am

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me.

When I am at St.Maarteen (TNCM) I see a KLM 747, and AF A340 which is good, but when I watch them perform their take-off rolls, they always go off the end of the runway and climb off the water. Cry I know the runway is small at St Maarteen, but I was wondering if there is a way to make the AI aircraft perform a shorter take-off roll. Smile

If you could please reply to this A.S.A.P I would truely appreciate it as this matter is annoying me.  Thanks .
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 1:12pm
Hi there,
I believe there is a way that you can shorten the length of a runway that aircraft use for take-off roll's. Having said that I cant re-call off the top of my head what values you need to change. In any case you would need to change values in the aircraft.cfg files of the effected aircraft. This would then change the length of runway needed by that particular aircraft in all variants at all airports. 

Maybe try a replacement AI model for the aircraft that is a problem.

I will come back to you if I can think of the values that need to be edited for the take off roll.  
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
Zaps93 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaps93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 4:56pm
Hey, thanks for that, I'll take a look, Smile, just praying that it will... It is an annoying issue! And please do return if you get any new idea's.
Thanks.
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 5:21pm

If I was you I would just replace the aircraft model, there are pleanty that will and do get airbourne of a runway like TNCM's (AI Aardvark for one).

Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic