This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to do with AFCADs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to do with AFCADs?
    Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 11:02pm
I've spent the whole evening installing add on scenery into my FS9 installation.

Most of them have AFCAD, AF2 or Traffic files in them and I was wondering if I need to delete these files, as I have Traffic installed, or if it will override them or ignore them in some other way.
The same will apply when I do my scenery for FSX (Traffic and VFR Real Scenery installed in that).

I'm going to bed now - but tomorrow I still have a large number of sceneries to add.... I envy my dog... lays around all day - gets up to either get fed or walk/play.... gets fussed over continually....then goes back to bed.
Good night. Dead

nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 12:13pm
Little confuised about what you are confused about but think you arer talking about AFCAD's from what I can gather (from topic title).
AFCADS are used to control the airport. Hear you can adjust parking spaces, create new ones add parking codes, edit aircraft detail for parking, adjust runway properties and asettings etc etc (you get the picture).
FS comes with a stock AFCAD of every airport that FS has but if you get addon or upgraded scenery often it will come with an AFCAD to update the level of detail and location of parking spaces, taxiways and runways etc.
For example if you have a stock AFCAD in use with a added scenery then you might see aircraft parked on top or in building, that why it is important to make sure you get tyhe right AFCAD. Usually when you want to add a MOD (modified AFCAD) FS will switch and use that instead of the STOCK one, so if you have a modified airport you need the correct AFCAD and if the dont come with the scenery that you are installing then you can always have a look on avsim as there are thousands of AFCADs on there.

Hope this helps
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
JD-LincsUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 6:06pm
Yes, thanx for the reply - that was what I thought, but some scenery designers were talking about AI aircraft in the same sentence as AFCADs or AF2 files, so I didn't know if it was a good idea to keep them when using Just Flights' Traffic add on in case it messed things up.

However, I will now keep them in. I guess Traffic will use the AFCAD to put the AI where it should be.
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 7:51pm
Thats right,
As long as you have enough spaces for all your AI flights they will display where they should be. AFCAD (or AF2 - which is AFCAD v2) work closely with AI as it has alot to do with all the aircraft on the ground (where they park, taxi route, runway use etc etc).
Make sure you get you get a good AFCAD for any airport that you have scenery for so you have aircraqft parking at gates not inside the terminal buildings!

As I said any AFCAD's that you may need that have not come with any of the scenery you have can normally be found on avsim!

Wink
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic