This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IFR mandatory?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFR mandatory?
    Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 1:52am
Hey all, I was just wondering if its mandatory that I fly IFR in CP, or can I just load up and fly?

It would make these long hauls with all the altitude changes easier.
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 3:18am
IFR isn't mandatory.  You can go in and change the flight plan once FS9/FSX loads up.  Same thing if you want to stay IFR and prefer not to fly the GPS route.  Personally I'll fly either GPS or high altitude airways.
capt mcg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt mcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 6:04pm
Once I'm already in flight and the weather is permitting, I will cancel IFR.  But I always have to check the weather at the destination to be sure the Airport is not in IFR conditions. 
How are you changing the flight plans prior to taxi, takeoff?  As when calling for clearance it always shows IFR?
www.airhauler.net/banner/banner.png-<captmcg>
cpltom View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpltom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 10:20pm

Under the "flight" menue one can open up flight plan. I just switched it to VFR there.

capt mcg View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capt mcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 2:58am
Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a try on the next flight..
www.airhauler.net/banner/banner.png-<captmcg>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic