This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoping for Traffic X success

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calspee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hoping for Traffic X success
    Posted: 05 Nov 2008 at 3:54pm
Hello to all ....I've been reading various posts regarding Just Flight's new Traffic X which I have upgraded to from Traffic 2005...one of the all time best additions to Flight Simulator. Of course Traffic X on my computer is not working the way I expected. I, along with all of you have been anxiously awaiting the release of Traffic X. I've read a few posts that were directed at the Just Flight team expressing concern over paying for a product that should work flawlessly out of the box. I somewhat agree with that because I did spend 40 U.S. dollars and should expect a program to work correctly. However after being involved in the Flight Sim world for about 10 years...I don't remember ever purchasing an after-market product for Flight Simulator that worked correctly and didn't require some tweaking... I guess we should expect this. My point is let's not blame the Just Flight team for this...I can't even imagine the amount of work that goes into a program like Traffic X...Just to see other planes along with yours at your favorite airport is amazing to me. I really believe Martyn and all the rest of the team are concerned about all the problems but must get a little overwhelmed at all the email they must get from people like me who want to see more planes at my favorite airport. I've email the team with some of my problems and I'm just going to wait and see what developes. The only frustrating thing for me right now is Traffic 2005 is looking much better than Traffic X...especially because of it's ease of use with the Traffic Tool box enabling you to edit flight plans...I consider myself halfway intelligent but trying to figure out how to use the new flight plan editor in Traffic X is beyond my small mind...Anyway I've written to much...let's give the Just Flight team a break.. and a chance to try and correct these problems with Traffic X. Thank you all for your great posts.
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2008 at 8:00am

Thanks for your support. Worth noting that AI traffic is not a simple matter and a decent AI traffic program will require a fair bit of input from the user. It is a simple enough matter to flood the 30-odd thousand airports in FS with traffic straight out of the box, but then you will end up with A380s at Duxford and a world of slidehsows. Getting the balance right is a compromise and what one person sees as the best thing since sliced bread is another person's waste of money. The complexity of AI traffic is one of the reasons why our Traffic series has its own websites.

Reading some of the forum posts it would appear we are charging 25 quid for a traffic program with no traffic. This is clearly not the case. However, some users are having problems getting it to work as they want and this isn't helped by conflicts with files from other traffic programs muddying the waters.

I was interested to see that you liked Traffic 2005. Reading back on some of the old posts about this program from three years ago results in a feeling of deja vu. No traffic, wrong type of traffic at airports, too much traffic, refund... Our Traffic series has been developed over the years by enthusiastic flight simmers for flight simmers. What we (and the majority of our customers, thankfully) perceive to be best compromise between detail, density and functionality may not be everybody's bottle of White Lightning. However, it is certainly popular!

Rest assured, if you have any problems getting Traffic X to work at its best you only need to ask.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic