This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mystery Benefactor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSimmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mystery Benefactor
    Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:01pm
There i was minding my own business, £32million quid in the bank, just completed a 2hour flight and then decided to check the price of an aircraft i was thinking of buying, all of a sudden my account had swelled to £120million pounds!!!! I've only put in 4 hours of flying time in the last week, not touched CP for weeks! Any ideas why this may of happened?
Ps - Just treated myself to a BAE 146-300QT (£40million) and am now looking at a brand new office screen to boot.

Has took the shine off CP a little bit, i prefer to work for my money!

montkaissy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montkaissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 12:39pm
I had the same problem, last week. My budget jumped to 90 millions and after flying with a 737 , i found the 747 and airbus 380 affordable, and this rendered the game completely aimless.
in my case i think the cause was the date ,when i realised it was accidently 2007, i quit CP, fixed the date to 2008. Returning to CP, i was shocked by the huge amount of money. and as you said took the shine off
M. KAISSY

M.Kaissy
Scooternjng View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scooternjng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 10:27pm
One thing I've always noticed is that if you haven't opened CP up on a Friday, all the flying you've done becomes cumulative when you do open it on a Friday (or move your computer's clock ahead).

As for the huge payouts, JF wanted to make a balance between realism and entertainment.  Doesn't mean that flying the widebodies is any less challenging.
PSimmo View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSimmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 7:22pm
Only flew 2.5 hours last week and been rewarded with £25million quid, this is getting ridiculous now, starting from scratch in the US with a new company. I've sussed out i could copy a file over (finance) from another company to give me a head start financially, i know this may be defeating the object but could mean starting with a decent aircraft from the beginning. Just a thought.

frikken_Awesome View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frikken_Awesome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 1:26am
I don't care too much for money.  Because money can't buy me love.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic