This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top gear song

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top gear song
    Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 6:55pm
Hi,

I'm trying to find a song from top gear, either from season 2 or three (it was a 2003 episode). It was the episode where they got the 'indestructable' truck and placed it on top of a tower block whilst it was being demolished to see if it would still work.
Before the end of the episode, they rolled it in the studio and that song was playing. It sounded like a western song, but not sure what it's called.

Any ideas would be appriciated!

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 7:47pm
I have this album, which has the original version of their theme song:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Gear-Anthems-Various-Artists/dp/B000PHVY3U/ref=pd_sim_m_h__title_2/202-4363090-6454228

Its called: Jessica  by the  Allman Brothers
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Old Flapper View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 8:55pm
I think you could do worse than look at Sergio Leone's films. He was the chappie responsible for "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly", "Fistful" Trilogy. It sounds a lot like the music score from that bunch. It was mostly penned by Ennio Morricone and performed by Hugo Montenegro. I'm going to have a look through some old gramophone platters and see if I can come up with anything for you. Good luck!
Everyone's entitled to my opinions
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 9:01pm
Ennio Morricone - La Resa dei Conti from "Fist Full Of Dollars" I believe.....
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 9:31pm
Thanks for the input guys but it's none of those!

It sounds like there's a choir singing in the background, and it is played just as the truck was being rolled into the studio.

EDIT: also, the song is played when James May starts up the engine at the demolision site.
grth_bbtt View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grth_bbtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:05pm
try and find the song here. would help if you knew the date it aired as well> http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear-episode-songs/
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 10:42pm
Thanks Gareth. That seems to confirm what I said... Series 3 episode 5, but it's not that one? Hmmmm. Not sure then. I'll keep trying.
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 11:25pm
It's either episode 8 series three or episode 9 series 3, by looking at wiki

It was episode 6 <<<<

EDIT:
Flappy I think you were right, it was Ennio Morricone - La Resa dei Conti, but when I play this music on youtube or anyother site, it doesn't sound like the right one!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Flapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 10:54am
Hmmm. Doesn't sound right to my ears either.. Top Gear used a tiny sample and the album is quite long. I'll have a listen as soon as possible and let you know what I find.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic