This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Airports Missing Traffic.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA1935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regional Airports Missing Traffic.
    Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 6:54pm
I know this has been brought up before but I want to take a minute and report what I am seeing in hopes that A. I am doing something wrong and JF staff can help me fix it or B.  It gets recorded enough to where a fix can be put in the works.

First off let me state for the record I am working off a clean install of FSX and Acceleration Vista 64bit SP1 no previous traffic installed.  I have installed the traffic hotfix, set my sliders to 100% and the time of day to 6pm.

I am getting loads of traffic at big airports like KDFW Dallas/FT..Worth Texas but very little at Semi-large airports like KGEG Spokane Wa., KTUS Tucson, Arizona and KBOI Boise, Idaho. Perhaps a jet or two and a couple of turbo props, with zero GA aircraft.

At regional airports I am getting nothing, zero, zip zilch!!!  KLWS, Lewiston ID, KFLG Flagstaff AZ, KPRC Prescott AZ, KMFR Medford OR, KBIL Billings MT.  No jets, No GA, No Nothing. This simply can't be? What am I doing wrong?

I read the manual and understand it can take uop to 10 minutes for the AI to get into the flow of things but shouldn't there be some parked planes around someplace when you first get to the field?

I sure hope I am doing something wrong because as it stands I am leaning toward a refund.  Will post to tech support as well but I am hoping any other user who has this program and is seeing traffic at regional airports can tell me what I need to do.

Robert 
sinewiz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinewiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:24pm
It's what I've been saying all along. I suspect this has nothing to do with old traffic programs, hidden bgl's, or anything else. I'll leave it at that.
WWA1935 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWA1935 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008 at 7:52pm
Well I went back through and made a few changes to see if I could make a difference...

I selected every aircraft in the Traffic Generator, clicked on excessive traffic and re-compiled.

I then went changed the time of day to 12 noon and re-visited the fields. 

The Semi Large fields ie Spokane, Washington; Boise, Idaho etc picked up some traffic, not a ton, but enough to be plausible.  The smaller fields in some places picked up a couple planes like Flagstaff and Billings but other places like Lewiston and Prescott still had nothing. One thing that remained true is a complete lack of GA aircraft anywhere.

This has me concerned because I like flying Regional routes and the way it is working now a flight from say Lawton, Oklahoma into Dallas, Tx. (An American Eagle Route) would leave you with limited or no traffic at the regional hub and so much at the main International terminal it would kill your frame rates. 

I hope someone frome JF recognizes this because I will not stop a flight mid stream and adjust traffic settings in order to use your product. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic