This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bear Grylls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas572 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bear Grylls
    Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 4:08pm
Hey guys,

Well, does anyone here watch Bear on Channel 4 or Discovery? His new series started last night (C4) and what an episode Clap Hats off to the man, he can survive in almost any conditions.

I caught another one from the new series on Discovery aswell last night (different from the C4 one) He made a bob-sleigh type thing out of Dear skin and stciks . amazing Wink
Lucas572

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 4:11pm
I watched some of his shows whilst in Tenerife. Personally he seems like a bit of an arrogant and cocky idiot....I might be wrong though.

Ray Mears all the way for me! 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
lucas572 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas572 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 4:18pm
I've never watched Ray Mears myself Sleepy

Not sure about arrogant though Martyn, skilful yes, confident yes, willing to jump into a frozen Siberian lake at sun set and swim under the ice... most definitely .

He's definitely got guts I'll tell you that.
Lucas572

TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 4:30pm
wasn't as good last night in the Sahara
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 5:50pm
Don't like the show really. He does have some interesting tips, for if you happen to find yourself in the middle of the Sahara desert, like urinating on your shirt and putting it on your head. Yuk! Which is precisely my point, it's all a load of over exaggerated nonsense with lots of yuki stuff to shock the audience.

I with MartYn, Ray rules.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by MartinW MartinW wrote:

Don't like the show really. He does have some interesting tips, for if you happen to find yourself in the middle of the Sahara desert, like urinating on your shirt and putting it on your head.

Which is exactly what you don't want to do. Firstly, you want to save that water rather than have it evaporate away, secondly the salts and minerals in the urine wrapped around your head is just going to cause potential salt burns and dry out the skin further which is also exactly what you don't want in the middle of the desert... prat.
Bradpl6 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradpl6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 8:59pm
i missed the first one last night on C4 does anyone know when or if it is repeated
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Magic Man Magic Man wrote:

Don't like the show really. He does have some interesting tips, for if you happen to find yourself in the middle of the Sahara desert, like urinating on your shirt and putting it on your head.

Which is exactly what you don't want to do. Firstly, you want to save that water rather than have it evaporate away, secondly the salts and minerals in the urine wrapped around your head is just going to cause potential salt burns and dry out the skin further which is also exactly what you don't want in the middle of the desert... prat.
I don't believe it, magic is a survival expert as well as a Technodude... I feel a new name coming on.

I'll let you know. Ermm

Perhaps something like... Technomears.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 12:16am
Big%20smile
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 8:15pm
TechoGylls Big%20smile

It's on Discovery right  now.  He's in Siberia  with his "winky" out again peeing on his hands this time to release a knife frozen to his hands. 

Any excuse Ermm

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:02pm
I couldn't get mine out it would trail in the snow
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:39pm

I couldn't get mine out it would trail in the snow

Clap  freak!
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 8:43am
No, macho!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic