This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st Impressions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobbyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 3:55pm
Have noticed that the AI traffic at airports waiting to take off can be buggy. Saw it at Gatwick (two runways) and have just been watching the two runways at Munich from the tower.

Planes are lining up to take off from both runways and planes are landing at both as well.  After a while, the plane at the front of the line might simply disappear instead of moving onto the runway and taking off.

It seems to be happening when planes are landing and taking off from the same runway. At Munich, most planes were landing on 26L. A queue of planes built up to take off from 26L but not one of them did; they just disappeared after a short while.

At the same time, some planes were being directed to 26R for take off. These queued up and could be seen taking off normally until an approaching plane was directed to land on that runway (instead of using 26L). After it had landed, the first plane in this queue now disappeared. The others moved forward and because, I assume, no more planes were coming into land on 26L, they then proceeded to tazi into position and take off normally.

I've watched this pattern repeat itself a few times on 26R. A nice line of planes queue up and take off but then a random one is directed to land there and once its clear of the runway the first plane in the queue vanishes. The remaining planes in the queue then start taking off as normal until another plane is directed to land on 26R and the old vanishing act starts again.

Sorry if that was all a bit long winded
Stringbean View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stringbean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2008 at 4:02pm
Exactly the same with Heathrow. My traffic slider was only on approx 30%. Everything ran smoothly until an aircraft landed on 09R where traffic was normally departing. Why it didn't use 09L where it should of gone or did a go-around. Anyhow, this upset the orderly flow of things and in the end, there was traffic landing and departing on 09L and 09R. Aircraft vanish because they have simply waited too long and have been timed out by flight Sim.
poochball View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poochball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2008 at 8:03pm
I bought Traffic X last night after having earlier on in the day purchased a traffic addon from an alternate company.

The other traffic package was causing me some headaches, did not work properly and so I removed it and requested a refund.

Not content with empty Skies, I decided to have a look for Traffic Programs compatible with Flight Simulator X. I stumbled upon Traffic X and decided to take a chance.

So far I have been very impressed. The models are very nice and there is a good selection of traffic. I particularly like some of the older Liveries that are shown when the option is selected.

There is plenty going on in the skies too with contrails here and there and even a TCAS event to keep me going.

All in all it is the best Traffic Addon I have owned. Installed it and it worked and that is all I wanted.

Good Job JF.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2008 at 9:23am
Thanks for the feedback poochball, glad to hear you are enjoying it Smile
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic