This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FLIGHT MANAGEMENT COMPUTERS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLIGHT MANAGEMENT COMPUTERS
    Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 8:01pm
HI GUYS

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, I HAVE BEEN FLYING SIM NOW FOR QUITE A LONG TIME.
HOWEVER I HAVE JUST STARTED WITH CARGO PILOT AFTER A LONG RUN ON AIRLINE PILOT.
MY PROBLEM IS:-Confused
I AM EVENTUALLY HOPING TO USE THE "iFLY 747-400" WHEN I CAN AFFORD TO BUY A 747 IN CARGO PILOT !!( VIRTUAL PURCHASE)

BUT IT HAS AN ON BOARD FLIGHT MANAGEMENT COMPUTER (FMC).
THE SUPPLIED MANUAL IS A BIT HI-TECH FOR THE LAYMAN INITIALLY.
DOES ANY ONE KNOW OF A SET OF FAIRLY SIMPLE WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS FOR THAT A/C . TO BE USED JUST AS A START POINT.

I DO NOT REQUIRE ANYBODY TO STAY AWAKE AND WRITE ME A SET OF INSTRUCTIONS ALL I WANT IS A POINTER TO A WEB SITE OR FORUM POST THAT IS RELATIVE.

ps the caps are for clarity

HOPE SOME BODY CAN HELP
BEST REGARDS MIKE1
Got no money but got a hanger full of AIRCRAFT
kim92andersen View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim92andersen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 8:17pm
i didn't think it was necessary to REMOVE the fmc =)
once people were only seeking for the fmc =).. don't really know how to remove, sorry
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 8:22pm
Hi there,

The ifly 747-400 is a freeware product (in fact it is the most detailed freeware 747 around). Maybe you mean you are using it before you can afford another payware option? I dont think that I can make it much clearer than what is already in the ops manual. It even has diagrams and lines and arrows to pictures.

Maybe if you have a specific problem then I could help but I'm too tired to try and right a start up guide for the aircraft (and there is a mich better one with it). IF you are thinking or moving to a payware oprtion (like PMDG's 747) then this will require alot more programming and reading!.

EDIT - Project Open Sky (POSKY) do a very nice 747 model) and there is no FMC but I think it is the default 747 panel.

(p.s - please could you turn your capps lock off when posting).

Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
mike1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 11:04pm
edited the post for clarity
regards mike
Got no money but got a hanger full of AIRCRAFT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic