This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D–Vol. 1 now available
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D–Vol. 1 now available

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VFR Real Scenery NexGen 3D–Vol. 1 now available
    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 11:52am
We're pleased to announce that the first volume of the UK photographic scenery for P3D & FSX  - Southern England & South Wales is now on sale. 

All the details are here: https://www.justflight.com/product/vfr-real-scenery-nexgen-3d-vol-one-southern-england-and-south-wales

Gabe777 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabe777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 12:40pm
So what cfg tweaks do you recommend for the enhanced photoscenery effects that are meant to be included in v4.4 of P3D ?
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Gabe777 Gabe777 wrote:

So what cfg tweaks do you recommend for the enhanced photoscenery effects that are meant to be included in v4.4 of P3D ?

The changes in V4.4 allow P3D to display photo terrain at twice the resolution (4x the detail) of what was previously possible.  All you need to do is make sure the “use High-resolution terrain textures” on the World options screen is ticked.

It does make a great improvement!

tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 4:18pm
I downloaded Demo is this comparable to the full product ? not impressed
Horizon VFR may be old ,but ! 
tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 4:30pm
Images to my post (if they go in ) (long winded way of adding images)
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:01pm
Horizon VFR was simply a heavily re-coloured version of the FS2004 VFR we published. At the time the criticism of ours (for FSX) was the colours were too bland and theirs was too vibrant for some. We had better water masking and night lighting - we re-touched the light coloured buildings to avoid them looking lit up at night. Both versions had their fans and haters.

Time has moved on and this is the most up-to-date imagery available with the added bonus of autogen, P3D's improved rendering and it's frame rate friendly.

Still, you pays yer money....
Mithras View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:54pm
I like it!!
Gabe777 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabe777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 12:58pm
Well you provide a demo, so I will try it.

If I like it, I will buy it.

Voila !

Gabe777 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabe777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

Originally posted by Gabe777 Gabe777 wrote:

<p ="Msonormal">The changes in V4.4 allow P3D to display photo terrain at
twice the resolution (4x the detail) of what was previously possible.  All you need to do is make sure the “use High-resolution
terrain textures” on the World options screen is ticked.

<p ="Msonormal"><o:p></o:p>

<p ="Msonormal">It does make a great improvement!<o:p></o:p>

But dies this require a cfg entry to be made manually ?

If so.... what entry has to be made ?

I downloaded the 4.4 P3D update and saw no difference in the Graphics options.... have I missed something .
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 8:47am
We don’t recommend any cfg tweaks! Most will create more problems than improvements.
The improvements for photoreal in V4.4 are automatically applied if you have “use high resolution terrain textures” ticked.
With this applied the textures will be displayed at 1024 which is all you need for 1.2m phototerrain.
As far as we know currently there is no cfg setting to let you manually tweak this further. If there is one then no doubt someone will find it and post it before long.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic