This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running out of climb performance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Running out of climb performance
    Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 5:02pm
Dear Team,

first of all my congratulations on a very good looking and systemwise promising Vulcan release!
I bought it on the 14th and had a really good first impression.
The first flight went really well with the tutorial, however thereafter I got into trouble.
On my second flight I wanted to climb higher and fly a "proper" mission - or however you want to call it on the first attempts Wink

I got into trouble trying to climb through FL200 on the speed schedule advised in the manual. I climbed at full thrust (couldn't find any MCT settings, sorry Big smile) and 250kt. At FL200 I tried to accelerate to 300kt to follow the climb speed schedule. However it felt like I'd be flying the backside of the powercurve, even at full thrust and 250kt it would not climb further or accelerate.
I doublechecked gear, speedbrake and even the parachute - none of these were deployed.
The weight was left at the default weight from when you load the aircraft. No changes to payload or fuel done.

In anger I quit the flight.
Thereafter I tried another flight, this time it climbed fine at about 3000fpm pretty much all the way up to FL650!

On a fourth flight I got stuck again however!

I raised a support ticket on this matter two days ago, unfortunately it seemed to be deleted?
It was ticket #27014, I even got the confirmation mail that the ticket has been recieved.
However when I try to log in to see new responses to my tickets the ticket does not appear in my tickethistory. As if I never filed the ticket. But I got the confirmation E-Mail that it has been recieved immediately after I submitted it.

Looking forward to your replies.
Emanuel
All the bests, Emanuel
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:31am
Tech support have your query. You submitted it using gmail.com but your account is under googlemail.com which may explain why you can't view it.

They will see if they can get to the bottom of it. Tricky problem to resolve as we have no other instances of it AFAIK so may be a local setting.
Emi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 5:16pm
Thanks Derek, I just got Tech's answer. This also perfectly explains why I couldn't see the ticket, thanks for the update!
I'll report in here once the issue is solved, just in case someone else might experience the same in the future.
All the bests, Emanuel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic