This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wishlist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wishlist
    Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 10:59am
This is an excellent simulation of a Vulcan, and I'm sure with time all the bugs will be ironed out.
However what I would love (wish) to see is an extended virtual cockpit, to capture all the interior of a Vulcan, so we would be able to virtually climb the ladder, sit on the Nav Radar, Nav Plotter, AEO positions. With TacPack Radar screen could be made operational. Would be lovely to climb to a window below the cokpit. All this would perfectly complete the best Vulcan simulation to date.

I would gladly pay for such addon. I understand it's a lot of work, but one can dream...

Roebuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 11:12am
Unfortunately I fear that would probably be limited by the simulator. Certainly for those who still run FSX, It would be too many animations/clickspots for the simulator to handle.
Mnemonic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
Just Flight has a full interior Lancaster though, quite a lot of objects there too :)
But if this technically could be available only for new P3D, that would be good enough reason for me to switch to it.
trindade View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trindade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 12:22pm
If I may, my wishlist:

- In-game Fuel/Cargo/Pax Load Manager
- Persistent Aircraft
- Hangar Maintenance (checking reservoirs; manage oil, hydraulics and oxigen)
- System Failures
- More smoke from engines
- Sounds in all cockpit switches and buttons

Thanks and keep the good work
Roebuck View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roebuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 3:14pm
I'd wager that the number of animations/clickspots required for an all singing all dancing backend for the Vulcan outstrips the number for the AH Lancs Radio Position.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 8:09pm
Not to pre-empt Just Flight's response to this query, but I did have a short chat with a member of JF's development team about 14 months ago, at the flight sim show at Cosford in October 2017. ( Mark Griffiths maybe ? Forgive my 60 year-old memory ). I asked about the possibility of the three back-seat positions, and he explained that it all boils down to how many more models would sell, set against the increased development time and costs. The relatively small increase in sales wouldn't compensate for all the extra work involved.

As an example, if you have one hundred flight simmers who love the Vulcan and want a model of it in FSX/P3D, ninety of them will buy it with just the pilots' positions in a well-made vc. The other ten will buy it only if all the other positions are also modelled. So, ten extra sales for double the work.

And even if they did model them, how much detail and functionality would be demanded ? Think of all the extra coding that would be needed to replicate the functions , even at a basic level, of AEW, Nav Plot and Nav Radar equipment.

We'd all love it, certainly, but I can understand the points made.Smile
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Paul K Paul K wrote:

Not to pre-empt Just Flight's response to this query, but I did have a short chat with a member of JF's development team about 14 months ago, at the flight sim show at Cosford in October 2017. ( Mark Griffiths maybe ? Forgive my 60 year-old memory ). I asked about the possibility of the three back-seat positions, and he explained that it all boils down to how many more models would sell, set against the increased development time and costs. The relatively small increase in sales wouldn't compensate for all the extra work involved.

As an example, if you have one hundred flight simmers who love the Vulcan and want a model of it in FSX/P3D, ninety of them will buy it with just the pilots' positions in a well-made vc. The other ten will buy it only if all the other positions are also modelled. So, ten extra sales for double the work.

And even if they did model them, how much detail and functionality would be demanded ? Think of all the extra coding that would be needed to replicate the functions , even at a basic level, of AEW, Nav Plot and Nav Radar equipment.

We'd all love it, certainly, but I can understand the points made.Smile

That's spot-on Paul.
Mnemonic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnemonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Paul K Paul K wrote:

All the additional systems modeled, add depth to the simulation, and depth increases variability of possible scenarios, or put it simply in gaming terms "replayablity". In-depth models, that scrutinize every bit of realism possible - become cult legends :)
And people love realism, look how grows following of DCS, or closer to FSX world - PMDG.

Of course I can imagine amount of work for small dev team required, and I have huge respect to the Just Flight team already.
tucanto View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucanto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 4:11pm
Unfortunately as there is no other crew positions shown  I shall wait to see
   a reduction in price before I buy this one.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by tucanto tucanto wrote:

Unfortunately as there is no other crew positions shown  I shall wait to see
   a reduction in price before I buy this one.

Oh go on, buy it. You know you want to. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic