This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vulcan feedback P3d V4.3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vulcan feedback P3d V4.3
    Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 4:10pm
Just some feedback after a quick purchase and install.

As someone else has mentioned it seems the smoke.exe doesn't seem to do anything and I don't seem to have smoke.

Secondly I used the option to install using the add-on location however as this is stored on a small drive I have relocated this. This is however in my opinion better than installing to the sim directory especially as I'm using this method for all of my addon installations.
But I would ask if it was possible to choose an install location of the files with the xml being generated automatically?
Chrissykes View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 10:20pm
OK, so a quick further check and there is smoke but its faint and defiantly not like the Vulcan style of smoke...

Secondly I thought there were going to be the ability to remove the TFR etc as the All anti flash white loads with all the probe, TFR etc?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:01pm
A minor texture bug I spotted on xh558 on the fuselage to tail section is coloured grey when it should be camouflaged. It's slightly obvious when using the tail view.

Further from my TFR question I see that xh558 has no TFR so it's possible to do???
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:04am
Originally posted by Chrissykes Chrissykes wrote:

Secondly I thought there were going to be the ability to remove the TFR etc as the All anti flash white loads with all the probe, TFR etc?

I was going to ask about this too. Anti-flash white, with refueling probe and TFR radome ?  Is that accurate ? Geek
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 6:32pm
Not with the RWR on top of the front top of the tail...
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Chrissykes Chrissykes wrote:

Just some feedback after a quick purchase and install.

As someone else has mentioned it seems the smoke.exe doesn't seem to do anything and I don't seem to have smoke.

Secondly I used the option to install using the add-on location however as this is stored on a small drive I have relocated this. This is however in my opinion better than installing to the sim directory especially as I'm using this method for all of my addon installations.
But I would ask if it was possible to choose an install location of the files with the xml being generated automatically?

Hi there

Thanks for the feedback.  Definitely worth submitting a support ticket with your feedback and points and they can be added to the list of issues to be addressed.

The forum's a good place for general discussion but trying to sort specific points here doesn't really work. 
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 9:36am
Tickets raised
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 9:19am
The XH558 tail texture issue will be fixed shortly.

Currently the external parts (nose probe, aerials, TFR dome etc) are configured automatically for the default liveries. In the next update it'll be possible for you to configure the parts for any livery using values in the associated texture.cfg.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 1:21pm
Hi Martyn, many thanks for the reply, ive raised quite a few tickets for the Vulcan but I have to say I'm enjoying it. The only thing I have not raised is the 201/301 engine differences in power and howl as I know were provided the 301 with the "201" exhausts as an option...

Was it something that your looking at separating the 201/301 engine aircraft with their power differences and with the 301 supposedly not able to cause the howl but the usual roar?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 1:38pm
Hi Chris,

Yes, the plan is to end up with separate 201 and 301 FDEs.

If you look in the sound folder, you'll see a file called 'e_howl_301.wav'. If you remove the existing 'e_howl.wav' and replace it with the 301 version (rename it) then you'll have a more realistic 301 sound.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissykes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 6:31pm
Thanks for the update on the 201/301 plans and sound file.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic