This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Duchess Model 76
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duchess (P3Dv4) Start

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duchess (P3Dv4) Start
    Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 9:23pm
Okay. I give in. How do you start this thing?

Throttles lock at 15% during start, engine may, or may not, fire ONCE only. Sometimes, if you fight the 15% lock you may catch that engine. If you miss it, on all further attempts the mp fluxtuates but the RPM needle doesn't move.

After 6 hours of trying to start this aircraft I have not yet got two engines to run at the same time.

The fuel pumps can be heard running when switched off.

The Under Volt Warning does not illuminate.

Battery Recharge just shows "Low Voltage"
buspelle View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buspelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:15am
Sad to see/read this post... Same anoying and frustrating problem I had with the PA28. Never got the Arrow to work properly, I thought (hoped!) this problem was fixed once and for all...  (?) But apparently not... I gave up on the Arrow long ago, And My PA28 still collects dust and birddroppings in the hangar...
Such a waste...
Pelle
Derek View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by buspelle buspelle wrote:

Sad to see/read this post... Same anoying and frustrating problem I had with the PA28. Never got the Arrow to work properly, I thought (hoped!) this problem was fixed once and for all...  (?) But apparently not... I gave up on the Arrow long ago, And My PA28 still collects dust and birddroppings in the hangar...
Such a waste...
Pelle

Have you contacted Just Flight Support on any of these issues? The PA-28 and Arrow have both performed incredibly well in independent reviews and both have had any post-release bugs dealt with. If you can't get them working it may be something we can help with, but there is unlikely to be any changes made to the aircraft this far after release that would 'fix' anything.
PMJ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 9:16am

Update v1.04

I have the same problems as mentioned above however, some problems have been mitigated by four updates.

The following are issues that I've discovered that still need to be corrected:

1.  The aux pumps sounds are reversed i.e., when you turn the aux pumps ON, the pump sound shuts OFF. When you turn the aux pump OFF, the pump sound comes ON.  Update: no pump sound at all.

2.  When I shut down the Duchess, using idle cut-off, the engines continue to run longer than normally. All my panels and throttle quadrants are Saitek (Logitech).  All switches and quadrant work when I move them as seen on the display.  All sensitivities are adjusted.

3.  Attitude Indicator indicating, although technically correct, is confusing.  This style of instrument, according to the NTSB, has caused accidents.  It shows the plane turning one way and  pointer turning the other way.

4.  If I use the Duchess as a default aircraft, when I click it, I get three black screens (I have three monitors) and then P3D shuts down.  This is a common problem with A2A aircraft and it has not been resolved.  I was told not to use those as default aircraft.  Your Duchess exhibits the same problem.

5.  Once the autopilot is engaged I cannot disengage it.  I must reset the flight. When it is working it seems to work correctly, but I don't have that type in the Duchess I fly.  Update:  the autopilot is not working at all.

PP, multi-engine (Duchess) instrument rating.

P.S. We are beta testers.  I have the FSX version of the Duchess by Just Flight and it workers very well.  The props do feather in flight and the engine does stop, albeit it takes longer than normal for this to occur.  It's good practice to learn how to safely maintain control when an engine quits,  which it did in real life—luckily my instructor was on board.

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 11:42am
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the feedback. We have a team of over 20 beta testers but as with all software, customers will identify issues and make suggestions post-release and we will continue to work quickly to respond to all of that feedback.

• Fuel pump sounds - custom pump sounds will be added in the next build, with the option to enable/disable them 
  • Engine shutdown taking longer than expected - this is being investigated
  • Attitude indicator - our 'policy' is to model/code our aircraft to exactly match our chosen reference aircraft, which in this case was fitted with that style of AI
  • We can't reproduce the CTD when using the latest build v1.04. If you are also encountering that issue with other payware aircraft then I'd recommend contacting our support team via a ticket so they can try to track down the cause.
  • The autopilot can be engaged/disengaged by using the control assignment (Z), the autopilot power switch on the left lower panel and by pressing the ON/OFF button on the autopilot unit. All of the autopilot modes are working correctly for us, so please get in touch with the support team so they can investigate that further for you (but double-check that the autopilot power is on).
Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 8:48pm
V.1.04 is a great improvement and makes the beastie flyable - Thank you

Minor problem - I can move the mag switches easily from OFF to RIGHT to LEFT to BOTH, but not to START. I can get to START if I take a run at it, by beginning at OFF and rapidly clicking four times .
PMJ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PMJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 8:38am
Martyn, why would you want to have the ability to disable the sound of the aux fuel pumps?  Your company is striving for realism; that sound should not be disabled!  We don't need an option to shut it off.  We have way too many buttons to push as it is.  I hope your company  reconsiders.

Pat

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic