This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > VC10 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VC 10 pilot seat obstructs view

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willisro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VC 10 pilot seat obstructs view
    Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 2:36pm
I am just getting the hang of the new VC10. My main problem is that in 3D panel my viewpoint is too close to the instrument panel and when I move my viewpoint backwards (CTRL + Backspace) I end up with the (Left) seat between me and the instruments. Is there any way of getting rid of the seat??? I am sure it applies to many FSX aircraft but it seems worse in the VC10
RGW
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 1:23am
Rather than moving the viewpoint (which is set correctly - in most aircraft when you are looking out through the windscreen you will get the top of the instrument panel at most in your peripheral vision), try adjusting the zoom. That should allow you to do very little panning to see the instruments.

Paul.
willisro View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willisro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 1:34pm
Dear Paul
Many thanks for the tip. I had looked through the FSX key commands looking for an alternative solution but must have missed this ZOOM function. This certainly solves the problem.
Many thanks for your help
Geoff
RGW
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 2:16pm
You're welcome, Geoff - glad that it's helped!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic