This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pilot face

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydrew69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pilot face
    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 11:54pm
Is there a way to substitute the face of a pilot on just flight aircraft for a photo of mine?
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:08am
Hi,
It is, just about. You haven't said which aircraft, so I can't get specific, but what you'd need to do is open the aircraft folder and go through the VC textures until you get to the one showing the pilots face. It will be flattened as it gets mapped onto a 3D surface, so it will look pretty unusual. 
You'll need to open this in Photoshop and do the best job you can of putting you face over the original and blending the edges in. Alternatively, if you have Sketchup I believe this has a built in option for flattening your face ready for mapping, so that might be an option. 

Hope that helps. 
skydrew69 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skydrew69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 11:13am
Thanks very much for the answer! It was the JF Fokker F27 and the CLS MD 82/87. I will have a look!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic