This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > HS 748 Propliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HS 748 Autopilot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HS 748 Autopilot
    Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 3:04pm
Can any readers tell me how to access the autopilot?
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:46pm
Manual. Page 17

"The autopilot and flight director are compatible with the default control assignments ([Z], [Ctrl]+[Z], [Ctrl]+[H] etc.)."

UPYONDER View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UPYONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 12:11am
Hello wecosse,
I was checking for updates and saw your question about the HS748 autopilot. I have found this airplane to be a challenge to fly, but still enjoy it and am currently retracing a HS748 sales demonstration flight from UK to Brazil.

I use two monitors - one for the virtual cockpit forward view and the other for new view windows including the Autopilot area.

Select new view ->cockpit->Jump Seat, then unlock the window and move to 2nd monitor screen. Using your joystick "point of view Hat" press down to bring the autopilot area into view. Then use shift backspace and Ctrl backspace to raise the autopilot area and zoom it in closer. Now you have the necessary controls within easy view. The wheels to control rate of climb/decent are hard to see, but critical using ATC.

The other three windows I open are: new view->cockpit right seat (to view critical navigational equipment, new view->outside locked spot (I like to see the aircraft and attitude while flying), and finally the Garmen GPS (shift 1 and resize), in the forth window. 

On the first monitor, I like to use the virtual cockpit forward view (I seem to do better landing using that view)! On that monitor I open up ATC and place in a top corner. 

Things really happen fast in this airplane during takeoff and during ILS landings. Print out and read the manual - 3 percent trim on takeoff is important and flaps - and closely monitor speeds during your landings.

A great airplane to fly once you get used to it! Happy flying.
Mike

MRM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic