This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic 360 with ORBX KSAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic 360 with ORBX KSAN
    Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 3:13pm
I had a issue with Traffic 360 interfering with menu selections of ORBX KSAN V2

I found a folder in Traffic 360 and disabled 3 .BGL's by changing them to .OFF (KSAN, SAN1, SAN2), the menu issues with KSAN are gone. After the usual 10~15 minute wait, the AI aircraft depart and land normally at KSAN. The SAN entry's are the Coast Guard base. First one puts you right in front, The second one is useless as it places you between the buildings with the tress and bushes. But I turned off both due to the above issue.

Question 1: Traffic 360 has a nice set of custom ground servicing vehicles. Does turning these .BGL's off turn off the ground servicing vehicles?

Question 2: Is there something else I need to do?
Heard of recompiling but I'm am pretty much a novice and don't give much
thought to the AI as long as it works. Just don't want any "empty"
instructions left over because of the .BGL disables.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 3:00am
Answer 1:  Vehicles are randomly called by Flight Simulator each time the sim starts and are placed in to and around the airport.  The vehicles are loaded from the SimObjects\GroundVehicles folder.  If Just Flight replaced the original Flight Simulator ground vehicles with their own custom ones, then you should still see those in the sim at KSAN.  That said, airport files are usually (but not always) created with vehicle parking spots in them.  If an airport has no vehicle parking spots, then no vehicles will be loaded in to that airport by the sim.  You have chosen to set the Traffic 360 airport files to ".OFF", thus effectively leaving only the ORBX KSAN airport file in place.  If the ORBX KSAN airport does not have vehicle parking spots in it, then you won't see any vehicles at the airport (custom or not).  But, I'd be pretty confident the ORBX KSAN airport would have vehicle parking spots in it, and, thus, you should still see the custom ground vehicles at KSAN.

Answer 2:  The compile process is required only if you have made modifications to AI flight plans and schedules. The process of compiling creates new AI traffic files based on your modified flight plans and schedules.  As you have not made modifications to the AI flight plans and schedules, there's no need for you to do a compile, and the existing (unchanged) AI traffic file (or files) will be loaded and used by the sim, thus populating KSAN with aircraft.
Mach 2 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 7:18am
Thanks Freddy

I loaded a QW 787 at KSAN and a Traffic 360 fuel truck attached itself to the plane at the gate. So the ground service vehicles appear to working Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic