This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > PA-28R Arrow/Turbo Arrow III/IV and Warrior II
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hard Landing Alarm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hard Landing Alarm
    Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 12:55am
Occassionally I land too hard and set off an alarm. I can't figure out how to reset the alarm short of loading another aircraft and then reloading the P82R. The alarm persist even after shutting off the master switch. I believe this is the same alarm I get if I stress the aircraft. Can anyone tell me how to reset it without reloading or should I try to submit a bug report.
Frank White
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 6:37pm
Sounds like the ELT got triggered, and it is a feature that it works if other parts of your aircraft are off (or destroyed). I don't know where the ELT panel is in this aircraft, but you should be able to find it in the docs now that you know what you are looking for :)
frank View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 7:00pm
I agree whole-heartedly that it's more-than-likely the Emergency Locator Transmitter. Just would like to turn if off - unless the notion is that the hard landing wrecked the aircraft. A wrecked aircraft would seem unlikely since it can be set off on a smooth landing, coupled with too slow airspeed. Bug maybe?

Thanks.
Frank White
frank View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 12:23am
So support showed me where I can find the ELT toggle... I can't believe I have been missing it all this time and now I also see why others haven't posted about this issue. For those who too might have not figured out how to reset the ELT alarm, it's located on the PIC door panel (albeit there's no door there).

My only consolation is that I didn't think the door panel was modeled with anything clickable. I learned something today Smile.
Frank White
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic